Barcelona, Spain — April 12, 2022 — European Blockchain Convention 2022, which will be held on June 26 to 28 at the five-star Hyatt Regency Barcelona, will welcome more than 1,000 attendees at what is the largest edition since the event was launched in 2018.
The three-day event will feature more than 100 exceptional industry experts across a variety of panels, keynotes, workshops and fireside chats. Confirmed speakers include:
● Daniel Leon — founder and chief strategy officer of Celsius Network
● Andra Georgescu — co-founder of Distrikt
● Francisco Maroto — blockchain lead at BBVA
● Rupertus Rothenhaeuser — chief commercial officer at BitMEX
● Laurent Perello — blockchain advisor at Tron DAO
● David Newns — head of Six Digital Exchange
● Edgar Plascencia — blockchain development manager for Spain and Latin America at Bitget
● Maurice Mureau — CEO and co-founder of HODL
● Coty de Monteverde — head of blockchain and crypto at Banco Santander
● Darko Pilav — director of CBDC at Digital Asset
● Thomas Moser — board member at Swiss National Bank
This year’s talks will cover topics including the rise and adoption of crypto assets, stablecoins, CBDCs, NFTs, DAOs, the Metaverse, privacy, institutionalization of crypto and DeFi, regulation of digital assets, building Web3, sustainability and tokenization.
This is EBC’s first in-person event in two years. Following the outbreak of COVID-19, EBC moved all of its events online. In 2021, the company hosted more than 10,000 attendees across multiple online events.
“This is our comeback. After two years of zoom meetings and working from home, we are thrilled to be able to hold a physical event in Barcelona this year,” said European Blockchain Convention co-CEO Victoria Gago.
“We built EBC to create an open space for everyone to learn, connect and unlock blockchain’s potential. It will be amazing to see people reconnecting in-person again and re-experience the beauty of face-to-face conversations,” said European Blockchain Convention co-CEO Daniel Salmeron.
About European Blockchain Convention
The European Blockchain Convention was born in 2018 in Barcelona with the mission to inform, educate and connect the global blockchain community.
Four years later and after six large events, the European Blockchain Convention has become the place where thousands of the world’s brightest minds meet every year to discuss the role blockchain technology will play in the future.