Back in August 2021, it was announced that Request Finance’s fast and simple app to generate, track, and pay invoices was being made available to the rapidly expanding community of users transacting on the Fantom network.
“We’re delighted to report that the use of the Request Finance app has scaled with Fantom, which has been one of the fastest growing protocols in the industry,” said Christophe Fonteneau, head of business development and partnerships at Request Finance.
Since Request’s launch on Fantom at the end of August last year, the number of unique Fantom wallet addresses has grown 440% to reach 1.9 million. The network’s total value locked has grown by an astonishing 1,248% to reach $9.2 billion.
During this period, Fantom has relied on Request Finance to manage payments for its expanding team of employees and contractors. Similarly, the projects flocking to Fantom for its low fees and fast-transaction finality are also increasingly using Request Finance to streamline invoicing and support its decentralized autonomous organization’s (DAO) treasury management through integration with multi-signature wallets such as Fantom Safe.
Fantom wants to continue supporting its rapidly growing community of builders and users in the Fantom ecosystem, helping project teams easily manage and keep track of payments made on the Fantom network.
“Request Finance has greatly helped reduce Fantom Foundation’s operational overhead. It has made working with contractors, grantees and many others incredibly easy and efficient,” said Simone Pomposi, chief marketing officer of Fantom.
Request Finance allows users to easily keep track of payments being sent and received over time, and even reconcile the data to accounting software such as Xero and Quickbooks. By connecting directly to the wallets of users’ accounts on Request, project teams no longer have to copy and paste individual wallet addresses. With Request, users can confidently pay to hundreds of different wallet addresses in just a few clicks.
Get started now on issuing and paying an invoice on Fantom
How to create and send an invoice on the Fantom network using Request:
- Log in to the Request account.
- Click on the “Create an invoice” button.
- Add and select the client for the “Your client information” field.
- Leave the “How do you want to receive funds?” field with the default option “crypto” and the payer pays in crypto.
- Click on the “More” button — it has an ellipses icon — next to the list of cryptocurrencies.
- Next, click on the “All networks” field and select Fantom.
- The user will choose the payment currency they wish to receive as funds on the Fantom network.
- Set the invoice currency that will depend on the payment currency chosen in the previous step.
- The user will add the rest of the details for their invoice: item description, quantity, unit price, discount and tax.
- The user will review and check that their invoice number, issue date and payment due date are correct.
- Click the “Create & Send” button to generate and send the invoice.
The invoice currency is the currency that an invoice will be issued in and can be different from the payment currency which users receive as funds. For example, one can have the invoice currency set as United States dollars while receiving funds in Fantom (FTM) as the payment currency. Users can also set both the invoice and payment currency as the same currency.
Watch the video tutorial below on how to send an invoice on Fantom
How to pay an invoice on Fantom using Request:
- Log in to the Request account.
- Click on “Received Invoices” on the sidebar menu under “Invoices.”
- Next, the user will select the invoice they wish to pay.
- Click on “Pay now.”
- Select a wallet.
- The user will proceed with payment following the instructions from their wallet.
- When payment is successful, the status of the invoice should change to “Paid.”
Watch the video tutorial on how to pay an invoice on Fantom
About Request Finance
Request Finance is a suite of financial apps helping companies, DAOs and freelancers easily manage their crypto invoices, payroll, expenses and other payment requests in a compliant, professional and secured way. Send and receive payments in 60-plus cryptocurrencies and stablecoins, 10-plus fiat currencies and 10-plus blockchains. Payments can be settled in cryptocurrency while denominated in fiats such as U.S. dollars or euros. Track, verify and organize all payment requests in one dashboard. To learn more about Request, visit Request.Finance.
Fantom is a fast, scalable and secure layer-1 Ethereum Virtual Machine-compatible platform built on a permissionless asynchronous Byzantine fault tolerance consensus protocol. On Fantom, transactions are confirmed in one second and cost a fraction of a cent. Speed, low transaction costs and high throughput make Fantom ideal for decentralized finance applications and real-world use cases.