December 12, 2018 – St. Moritz:
- First anniversary of the Swiss Crypto Finance Conference coming up in January 2019
- Conference attracts serious industry specialists and investors from all over the world
- Political perspectives by Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg, Philipp Roesler, Eva Kaili and Brian Forde
One year ago the first Crypto Finance Conference (CFC) in St. Moritz made an international impression with an outstanding speaker line-up and the “Switzerland will be Crypto Nation” statement by Federal Councillor Johann Schneider-Ammann. Now, one year later, the exclusive conference is back in St. Moritz with another stellar speaker line-up and agenda. From January 16 to 18, 2019, only one week before the World Economic Forum in Davos, the CFC brings together the leading investors, experts and innovators of the blockchain space at the Suvretta House in St. Moritz.
As the industry is starting to grow up, the potential mass adoption of the technology becomes a more and more important topic, which will require a lot of work on a political level. Top speakers with political background include:
- Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg: Former member of the German Bundestag, former Federal Minister for Economics and Technology and former Minister of Defense. Zu Guttenberg is the chairman and founder of Spitzberg Partners, an advisory and investment firm based in New York, USA. The company also invests venture capital in innovative blockchain and AI startups.
- Philipp Roesler: Former German politician, who was the Federal Minister of Economics and Technology and Vice-Chancellor of Germany. Until recently he served as a member of the managing board of the World Economic Forum. In late 2017 he was appointed chief executive officer of the New York-based Hainan Cihang Charity Foundation.
- Eva Kaili: Member of the European Parliament since 2014. In her capacity as the Chair of the European Parliament's Science and Technology Options Assessment body (STOA) she has been working intensively on promoting innovation as a driving force of the establishment of the European Digital Single Market. She has been particularly active in the fields of blockchain technology, m/eHealth, big data, fintech, AI and cybersecurity. She will be joining the CFC as a speaker for the second time.
- Brian Forde: Former Senior Advisor for Mobile and Data Innovation at the White House, where he wrote the first paper on Bitcoin to inform the president of this new technology. He is also known as former “Crypto Candidate” for US Congress, CA-45. He is a Senior Lecturer at the MIT Sloan School of Management and co-founded the Digital Currency Initiative, an academic research group on cryptocurrencies at the world-renown MIT Media Lab. He will be joining the CFC for the second time.
Besides the delegation with a political background, the CFC welcomes a great selection of international industry representatives with a technical and entrepreneurial background:
- Charles Hoskinson, CEO of IOHK and Co-Founder of Ethereum
- Maja Vujinovic, CEO of OGroup and member of the board of CoinDesk
- Helen Hai, Head of the Binance Blockchain Charity Foundation and Ambassador of the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
- Bill Tai, Chairman and CEO of ACTAI Global and Venture Capitalist
- Jane Lippencott, Business Development at CoinFi and Origin X Capital
- Andy Bromberg, Co-Founder and President of Coinlist
- Flore-Anne Messy, Head of the Insurance and Private Pensions and Financial Market Division at OECD
- Ted Rogers, President of Xapo
- Loretta Joseph, Director of Paradym Global
- Bob McElrath, Blockchain Architect, Fidelity Digital Assets
“A lot has happened since our first conference and it is very interesting to see how the industry is slowly starting to grow up. For our first anniversary conference here in St. Moritz, we have so many speaker inquiries that we could fill another 3 days with great content. We bring together the right people from different backgrounds, who are all committed to do serious business in this emerging industry. I’m proud that we can organize an important event like this here in the Swiss mountains and contribute to the image of Switzerland as a global hub for blockchain developments.” says Nicolo Stoehr, CEO of the Crypto Finance Conference.
The Crypto Finance Conference (CFC) is the world’s most exclusive investor conference about cryptocurrencies and blockchain investments. The CFC is connecting private investors, institutional investors and family offices with leaders in the blockchain industry. The three-day conference offers expert education, investment opportunities and excellent networking. The list of participants of each conference is strictly limited, application-based and curated by the board to enable the participating experts to build a unique network. In 2018 the CFC has proven itself as an important platform and gathering for serious investors and blockchain enthusiasts. Shortly after the overwhelming success of the inaugural conference in St. Moritz, Switzerland, in January 2018, the exclusive investor event expanded to Geneva, Switzerland and later California in the US. The next Crypto Finance Conference takes participants and speakers back to St. Moritz, where it all began, before the conference expands to Tokyo, Japan, in May 2019.