Los Angeles, Feb. 23, 2022 — Jam City, a leading international game developer behind some of the world’s highest-grossing and most-enduring games, has announced it will release a limited run of 10,000 Prime Eternals nonfungible tokens (NFT) in a 24-hour whitelist-only private sale beginning on Thursday, Feb. 24, at 4:00 pm UTC, and a public Dutch auction beginning on Friday, Feb. 25, at 4:00 pm UTC.
The sales will take place on the Champions: Ascension website and follows the announcement of its first blockchain-entertainment experience in December.
The 10,000 one-of-a-kind, high-fidelity Prime Eternals NFTs represent the highest ascension tier in Massina, a player-driven fantasy world where the rewards are as real as the risks. These individually crafted alchemical creations will never be minted again and will be immune from death, imbued with divine powers and possess special abilities.
Holders of Prime Eternals have the opportunity to collect and create unique NFT Champions, battle other players for vast in-game riches and stake their paths in a developing token economy. Whitelist members have the opportunity to acquire Prime Eternals for 0.3 Ether (ETH) and the public sale will be conducted as a Dutch auction beginning at one ETH.
Chris DeWolfe, co-founder and CEO of Jam City, said, “This is one of the most meaningful projects I’ve been involved with. The art and design of this game have been created by some of the most talented in the world. It’s a very ambitious project, as we’re one of the first major gaming companies to build a deep, rich and entertaining blockchain experience. The initial NFT drop is just a taste of the fun that we hope to deliver in this Champions metaverse.”
Jam City has built and continues to grow a dynamic, engaged community with tens of millions of loyal players around the world. To date, Jam City games have generated more than 1.3 billion lifetime installs and a staggering 26 billion hours played, with an engaged and rapidly growing social media audience of 11 million. This highly curated social audience is directly contributing to the direction and lore of the game.
Fan engagement is a differentiator for Champions: Ascension and critical to Jam City’s approach to building blockchain games where exciting gameplay and intriguing narratives sit at the heart of players’ experiences. The iterative approach the company is taking to develop the game is designed to create value and reward players for their involvement each step of the way. Prime Eternals holders will have the exclusive opportunity to play early versions of the game, helping to offer feedback on its continued evolution and earning rewards based on their engagement that can be used when the game launches.
“We’re leveraging the blockchain as a tool to create value for our players with direct influence into the game’s design and opportunity for digital ownership,” said Aber Whitcomb, co-founder and chief technology officer of Jam City. “As players look for more freedom with their digital experiences, our history in creating high-quality, easily-accessible games firmly positions us to bring next-generation Web3 products to everyone.”
Owning a Prime Eternal NFT will come with several unique, exclusive perks, including:
- A Halo headpiece for Prime Eternals that reflects the core essence of a player’s Champion.
- Possession of divine parts that set players apart with mystical visual effects
- The longer a player holds and stakes a Prime Eternal, the more land tokens, MASSINA, they earn, and the closer they get to purchasing land.
- Building a fantasy world truly driven by players, Prime Eternal owners get voting privileges on Discord to guide the game’s development and design, collaborate with the team to craft the story of Massina and bring features they want to life.
- Special access to closed betas, early features and mechanics before they release, and access to a behind-the-scenes look at new Champions: Ascension content first.
- Exclusive early access to staking features for both fungible tokens and NFTs and the ability to be among the first to yield crypto rewards.
- Access to live-streamed exhibition matches where Prime Eternals go toe-to-toe in the arena for all to see, with legendary prizes for the victors.
- A valuable and adorable pet NFT that will be free to claim when released.
Champions: Ascension is a role-playing battle game where players will engage in strategic and high-stakes decision-making, allowing them to outsmart, outmaneuver and overpower opponents during combat. The game will launch on Web3 and mobile platforms.
- Register for the 10K NFT collection presale.
- Join the exclusive Champions Discord.
- The trailer can be viewed here.
Publicist for Jam City:
- Megan Kivlehan