Today, Matrix World has announced an exciting milestone: It has raised $5.5 million in angel-round funding led by Tess Ventures, Everest Ventures Group, Com2Us Group and Y2Z Ventures.
In total, 17 companies participated in the angel round. These partnerships will help to expand the Matrix World network and the funding will be used to support the growth and development of the Matrix World project.
An angel round refers to the first infusion of capital by outside investors during the early stages of a project or startup. Angel investors are usually well-established companies or individuals with investment experience. These investors also provide access to resources and a wealth of knowledge that can assist in the growth of the project.
What is Matrix World?
Matrix World is an exciting, next-generation, multichain metaverse where users can create, connect, explore and play like never before. The open-world enables users to build immersive 3D applications on top of several different blockchains via Turing-complete programs, hoping to improve the metaverse experience for users and creators alike. The metaverse will also feature low-code creation tools to make building accessible to users of all skill levels.
What has happened since launch?
Since the project’s launch in October 2021, there have been numerous developments, including:
- More than $7 million in secondary market-trading volume.
- The Flow blockchain, Dapper Labs, Phanta Bear and many others have announced plans to build in Matrix World.
- Verified listings on OpenSea, BloctoBay and Rarible.
- Map feature upgrades, including the ability to add images and 3D models to map tiles.
- Avatar and Land gameplay demos.
What’s happening next?
- This year’s plans include:
- Community and brand globalization.
- The version 1.0 alpha release of A Traversable World.
- The release of the Matrix World builder and a developer application programming interface and software development kit.
- The version 2.0 release of A Programmable World.
Who’s behind Matrix World?
The team behind Matrix World is a group of like-minded blockchain enthusiasts named Matrix Labs. They have established notable project partnerships, including Dapper Labs, the Flow blockchain, Ezek, Mask Network, ChainIDE and more.
Matrix Labs was also the technical partner behind Phanta Bear, the wildly popular nonfungible tokens (NFT) project created by Phantaci and Ezek. After the successful sellout launch, the project was dubbed “The Bored Apes Yacht Club of the East.”
Who are the seed round investors?
- Tess Ventures was founded by Tess Hau, an investor and advisor to high-performing startups in Web3, NFTs, the metaverse, GameFi and decentralized finance. Investments include Animoca Brands, Parallel Life, Salad, DeHorizon and Metaverse AI. Tess was featured in a Thrive Global list of notable women.
- Everest Ventures Group (EVG) is a venture studio focusing on the incubation and investment of Web3 ventures. Since 2018, EVG has incubated Kikitrade, Aspen Digital, Vibra Africa, BlockTempo, Cassava, LiveArtX, and Adaverse and has invested in 30+ blockchain projects globally, including Animoca Brands, Dapper Labs, Kraken, Upbit, Lukka, The Sandbox, Immutable X, Phanta Bears and now Matrix World.
- Established in 1998 as the first mobile game company in South Korea, Com2Us is making a new leap as a global comprehensive content and platform company incorporating blockchain and metaverse. Com2Us has proven its competitiveness in the global game industry through its hit intellectual properties in various genres, including Summoners War: Sky Arena, Baseball Superstars, MLB 9 Innings and Ace Fishing: Wild Catch. Com2Us continues to set a global digital paradigm by establishing various Web3 games based on a blockchain game platform, C2X, and an all-encompassing metaverse platform, Com2Verse.
- Y2Z Ventures is focused on supporting young people and startups in building metaverse infrastructure and metaverse content. Its portfolio includes companies such as White Matrix, Tap Fantasy, RSS3, Mask Network, Blocto, Ovo and more.
Dapper Labs — the makers of NBA Top Shot and the Flow blockchain.
Animoca Brands — a global leader in gamification and blockchain with a large portfolio of more than 150 investments in NFT-related companies and decentralized projects.
Sky9 Capital — a leading venture capital fund focusing on innovation themes around technology.
Bonfire Ventures — early-stage investors.
SevenX Ventures — a blockchain venture group.
Fenbushi Capital — a blockchain venture capital.
Hash Global — a Web3 and crypto investor.
ArkStream Capital — a product marketing group.
SecondLive — diverse 3D virtual space creators.
Moon Capital — a founder venture capital firm in Web3 and the metaverse.
Panony — incubator, investor and advisor in Web3.
Lucid Blue Ventures — a blockchain, digital asset and digital finance venture group.
Matcha — a blockchain, artificial intelligence and cloud-focused investment fund.
For Matrix World updates, follow the official Twitter and Discord.
Its official Land collections can be found on OpenSea or Rarible.