In many ways, Web3 is about colliding worlds — static legacy systems versus dynamic ecosystems, rigid technocracies against fluid social communities.
Now, one innovative new Web3 project is seeking to break through new barriers by combining nonfungible tokens (NFTs) with real-world luxury Swiss timepieces, in-person masterminds and a vibrant digital community of visionaries, changemakers, high-net-worth individuals and blockchain enthusiasts.
The project, called Legion, consists of 333 NFTs. The mint happens on Thursday, Sept. 29, and demand was strong for this project during the presale phase. As of writing, over 110 NFTs have been sold by the founders through their personal networks. The price of each Legion NFT is 4.44 Ether (ETH) as of the mint.
“I call it a unicorn offer,” said co-founder Stefan Georgi, “because every time we share Legion with the right people, they want to be a part of it.”
Legion is the brainchild of futurist and exponential entrepreneur Jonathan Foltz, luxury watchmaker Craig Shah, entrepreneur and blockchain adviser Stefan Georgi, and genius brand creator Umer Hadeed. The team seeks to merge the worlds of luxury e-commerce, live events and digital communities in a way that’s never been done before. Further, their goal is to help drive society’s transition from Web2 to Web3 by getting everyday people to see how NFTs can have massive real-world utility.
“The use cases here are insane,” said Shah, founder of Craig Shelly watches in Beverly Hills and a partner in Legion, adding, “With many NFT projects, you’re getting some cool artwork and access to a Discord channel, but that’s it. With Legion, the watch alone is valued at $6,000 minimum. People routinely pay $25,000 to be part of good masterminds. And the community we’ve built around the project is second-to-none.”
How Legion plans to revolutionize the world of in-person masterminds and event
To partner Foltz, it’s the community and network aspect that’s most exciting. “For those who don’t know, masterminds are essentially just ‘get-togethers’ where like-minded people work together to achieve a common goal. In the case of Legion, our mastermind community is filled with leaders in Web3, e-commerce, investing, exponential technologies, real estate and other industries, all collaborating and sharing ideas and opportunities. Here’s the unique part, though: Because membership is held through the Legion NFT, people can buy or sell a membership to this community at any given time on secondary markets like OpenSea. This hasn’t been done before in the world of in-person masterminds, but it’s going to become the norm.”
The Legion NFT reveal will be happening at a live party for all Legion holders on Oct. 8, 2022, in Las Vegas. For anyone interested in finding out more about the Legion project, including the team and its roadmap for 2023 and beyond, you can go to www.wearelegion.xyz.
“I’ve worked on some incredible projects with companies like Samsung, Coca-Cola, Nokia and Huawei,” said Hadeed, co-founder of Legion, adding, “But I don’t know if anything has ever had me more excited. This project truly has the potential to accelerate the transition from Web2 to Web3. And it’s going to be fascinating to watch.”
The Legion NFT project at a glance
Real-world Swiss watch drop and claim:
333 luxury watches directly from Switzerland — from our partnership with renowned Swiss watchmaker Craig Shelly.
- 321 Watches — $6,000 value each.
- 11 watches — $20,000 each.
- 1 Tourbillon watch worth $150,000.
- Randomly selected upon reveal.
- Each watch is fully custom, sequentially numbered and to never be built again.
- Oct. 8 NFT reveal event in Vegas (PGA Tour events from Oct. 6 to 9).
- March and September 2023 NFT members-only masterminds.
13 digital masterminds:
- From December 2022 to December 2023.
- Digital masterminds for collaboration, networking and building.
- The biggest players in Web3, blockchain, marketing, the investment space, business development and technology — all together in one place.
Legionnaire-based NFT art by world-class artists:
- Combining the classic Legion style with a futuristic look and feel.
- Each one of these magnificent art pieces is your portal into the Legion community.
NFTs are tradable on secondary markets:
- Other Ethereum-based NFT marketplaces.
The timeline and sequence of events
- NFT Mint: Pre-reveal — Sept. 29, 2022, happening at https://www.wearelegion.xyz/
- NFT Reveal: Oct. 8 at 8 pm in Las Vegas. Part of an NFT holders-only event at the PGA Tour from Oct. 6 to 9.
- Luxury Swiss timepiece claim: Dec. 1, 2022, to Jan. 31, 2023.
- Monthly digital masterminds: December 2022 to December 2023.
- 2 in-person masterminds: March and September 2023.
It is founded by Jonathan Foltz, Stefan Georgi, Umer Hadeed and Craig Shelly. The founders have extensive knowledge and experience in e-commerce, innovative product design, blockchain development and the private mastermind event space.