China’s Zhejiang province processed $5.9 billion via a blockchain medical billing platform using Ant Financial’s blockchain tech.
Alibaba Group is a public Chinese company that specializes in the sphere of e-commerce and also owns the business-to-business web portal Alibaba.com. The company was founded in 1999 by Ma Yun — known professionally as Jack Ma — and currently is headquartered in Hangzhou. Alibaba has several platforms, such as Alibaba pictures for film directing, Alibaba Express (officially AliExpress) — an international trading platform — and AliPay — a platform for online payments. As China has banned the use of cryptocurrency in the country, the company supported such policy and made all payments in Bitcoin invalid. Nevertheless, the founder of service believes in the prospects of blockchain technology for the cloud storage and logistics of the corporation.
- Bitcoin Miner Canaan’s IPO Nets Just $90M After Losing Banking Partner
- ‘Mystery Man’ Gets Berlin Shop to Drop BitPay, Accept Bitcoin Directly
- German Bank Boosts Bitcoin — Negative Interest Rates Hit Every Account
- Grayscale: 84% of Q3 Interest Came From Non-Crypto Hedge Funds
- Bitcoin Price Loses $8,000 Support as Bears Drive Market to 4-Week Low