IBM has tripled the number of blockchain-related patents it holds in the U.S. this year, dwarfing other US blockchain bulls.
Alibaba Group is a public Chinese company that specializes in the sphere of e-commerce and also owns the business-to-business web portal Alibaba.com. The company was founded in 1999 by Ma Yun — known professionally as Jack Ma — and currently is headquartered in Hangzhou. Alibaba has several platforms, such as Alibaba pictures for film directing, Alibaba Express (officially AliExpress) — an international trading platform — and AliPay — a platform for online payments. As China has banned the use of cryptocurrency in the country, the company supported such policy and made all payments in Bitcoin invalid. Nevertheless, the founder of service believes in the prospects of blockchain technology for the cloud storage and logistics of the corporation.
- Venezuela Sets New Bitcoin Volume Record Thanks to 10,000,000% Inflation
- Coinbase Added 8 Million New Users in the Past Year
- Bakkt Begins Testing Bitcoin Futures Platform Following Hype and Delays
- Bitcoin Price Clings to $10K But Now Below ‘Neutral Area,’ Says Trader
- Price Analysis 22/07: BTC, ETH, XRP, LTC, BCH, BNB, EOS, BSV, TRX, XLM