Open source initiative Hyperledger has announced 12 new members including Alibaba Cloud, Citi and Deutsche Telekom, among others.
Alibaba Group is a public Chinese company that specializes in the sphere of e-commerce and also owns the business-to-business web portal Alibaba.com. The company was founded in 1999 by Ma Yun — known professionally as Jack Ma — and currently is headquartered in Hangzhou. Alibaba has several platforms, such as Alibaba pictures for film directing, Alibaba Express (officially AliExpress) — an international trading platform — and AliPay — a platform for online payments. As China has banned the use of cryptocurrency in the country, the company supported such policy and made all payments in Bitcoin invalid. Nevertheless, the founder of service believes in the prospects of blockchain technology for the cloud storage and logistics of the corporation.
- Top Cryptos See Mixed Gains & Losses, Bitcoin Fights to Stay Over $3,200
- Business Models Should Be ‘Re-Imaged’ for Blockchain, Says Barclays Rep
- Blockchain Payments’ Mass Adoption Is 3-5 Years Away, Says BitPay CEO
- Cryptojacking Overtakes Ransomware as Top Malware in Some Countries
- Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum, Stellar, EOS, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Bitcoin SV, TRON, Cardano: Price Analysis, Dec. 14