Blockchain is coming to one of the world’s best-known auction houses this month in a trial by Christie’s.
An auction is public trade of different kinds of goods and assets. An auction is organized with rules set in advanced that can differ from auction to auction. Nevertheless, one common thing for every event like this is competition between potential buyers in order to find the winner of the auction. Competition is necessary, as initially the price for the displayed product is lower than its market price. As well as other things, cryptocurrency can be sold in an auction and BTC auctions are popular, as almost everybody can afford to buy them there. Usually, it is Bitcoin that had been confiscated from criminals and sold in a police or FBI Bitcoin auction. In 2016, there began a daily Gemini auction of Bitcoin for dollars, which the exchange platform launched.
- Vulnerability Is Found in Constantinople Hours After ETH Devs Call It ‘Least Eventful’ Hard Fork
- Bitcoin Hovers Just Above $3,600 as Crypto Markets See Another Slump
- DBS-owned Indian Bank to Close Account Over Crypto-Related Activity: Report
- Devs Behind Marshall Islands’ National Crypto Confirm Plans to Launch This Year
- Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Stellar, Litecoin, Tron, Bitcoin SV, Cardano: Price Analysis, Jan. 14