Tencent Yujian Threat Intelligence Center has spotted Ryuk ransomware in China, and received an extortion request in the amount of 11 BTC during their study.
Bitcoin Scams News
A scam is a way to steal money from people under false pretenses. The main feature of a Bitcoin scam, compared with other ways of stealing money, is that it usually takes advantage of people’s trust and negligence. Currently, the cryptocurrency market is not regulated enough to protect people from scams, so that is why it is such a common thing among users of digital currencies. Since many people try to earn money by investing in new projects that are related to cryptocurrency, ICOs are one of the most popular ways to commit fraud. Besides that, some emerging cryptocoins use a financial pyramid system. In addition, to avoid scams, it is better to use a verified exchange or trading platform.
- Bank of America Files Patent for Settlement System Citing Ripple
- Number of Crypto Notables on Buffett Lunch Guest List Grows
- European Central Bank Exec: Libra Won’t Launch Until Regulators Are Satisfied
- Iran Has Not Issued Any Licenses for Importing Crypto Mining Equipment
- Top-5 Crypto Performers: BSV, XTZ, TRX, LTC, ATOM, OKB*