Trezor says the fake app does not pose a direct threat to users, but is concerned that attackers could attempt to phish its customers in future.
Bitcoin Scams News
A scam is a way to steal money from people under false pretenses. The main feature of a Bitcoin scam, compared with other ways of stealing money, is that it usually takes advantage of people’s trust and negligence. Currently, the cryptocurrency market is not regulated enough to protect people from scams, so that is why it is such a common thing among users of digital currencies. Since many people try to earn money by investing in new projects that are related to cryptocurrency, ICOs are one of the most popular ways to commit fraud. Besides that, some emerging cryptocoins use a financial pyramid system. In addition, to avoid scams, it is better to use a verified exchange or trading platform.
- BCH May Have Sustained $1.3 Million+ Double Spend: BitMex Research
- Bitcoin Dips Below $8K Again as Top Altcoins See Mild Losses
- Trading App Robinhood Set to Raise at Least $200 Million: Report
- Franck Muller Releases Luxury Watch With Bitcoin Cold Wallet Functionality
- Will Bitcoin’s Volatility This Month Hinder the Future of an ETF?