A former YouTuber has been sentenced to 50 years in prison for masterminding a kidnapping that demanded $100,000 in BTC for the victim’s safety.
Bitso is Mexican cryptocurrency exchange that offers a platform for trading of BTC, ETH and other altcoins with the Mexican peso and vice versa. The Bitso exchange was founded by Ben Peters, Daniel Vogel and Pablo Gonzalez in 2014. For deposits and withdrawals, Bitso uses the Ripple payment gateway. Besides the desktop version, the platform also offers a Bitso app for the buying, selling, sending and receiving of cryptocurrency via mobile devices. Bitso and Bitcoin are very popular among Mexican citizens, as the Mexican peso’s price has reduced dramatically relatively to the U.S. dollar. Besides this, more than half of the Mexican population do not have bank accounts, so platforms like this help them keep money away from volatility with low Bitso fees.
- SEC Claims Telegram Injunction Applies to ‘Any Person or Entity’
- BMW’s Blockchain Solution for Supply Chains to Roll Out in 2020
- Voatz Bug Bounty Kicked Off of HackerOne Platform
- Bitcoin Starts Strongest Quarter Q2 With Price Down Just 10% YTD
- Bitcoin & Stocks Rise as US Economy Grinds to a Halt — Furloughs Soar