Oxfam wants to use smart contracts and blockchain to ensure better conditions for Cambodian rice producers.
Cambodia is a country located on the Indochinese Peninsula in Southeast Asia. Cambodia is one of the least developed countries in Asia. However, it has one of the most rapidly growing economies in the world. Bitcoin in Cambodia is developing gradually, as the government hasn’t decided yet on the laws as they relate to blockchain and Bitcoin. Cambodian authorities have only claimed mentioned some limitations for banks and other financial establishments on trading and advertising cryptocurrency. Nevertheless, in Cambodia, the adoption of Bitcoin is becoming more and more real, as there are already local cryptocurrency exchange platforms for citizens and there are some projects being made to develop digital currencies and other related products and services — including Bitcoin mining in Cambodia.
- Vitalik Buterin: High Ethereum Price Good for Security, Ecosystem Development
- Prediction Startup Numerai Raises $11 Million in ICO
- Alleged Bitcoin Fraudster Alexander Vinnik Appeals for Extradition to Russia
- Crypto Markets Descend While Tech Stocks Surge
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, EOS, Bitcoin Cash, Stellar, Binance Coin, Tron, Cardano: Price Analysis, March 20