Assistant Governor at the National Bank of Cambodia Serey Chea said that blockchain payments will enable greater financial control and remittance efficiency.
Cambodia is a country located on the Indochinese Peninsula in Southeast Asia. Cambodia is one of the least developed countries in Asia. However, it has one of the most rapidly growing economies in the world. Bitcoin in Cambodia is developing gradually, as the government hasn’t decided yet on the laws as they relate to blockchain and Bitcoin. Cambodian authorities have only claimed mentioned some limitations for banks and other financial establishments on trading and advertising cryptocurrency. Nevertheless, in Cambodia, the adoption of Bitcoin is becoming more and more real, as there are already local cryptocurrency exchange platforms for citizens and there are some projects being made to develop digital currencies and other related products and services — including Bitcoin mining in Cambodia.
- ‘Weak Hands Are Out’ — Trader Who Called $20K Bitcoin Top Calls Bottom
- Crypto Fights for Freedom in India’s Supreme Court, Critics Cite Risk
- Bitcoin SV Drops 40% as Lawyer Admits Craig Wright Has No Private Keys
- New Analysis Finds That Mondays Are the Best Days to Buy Bitcoin
- Bitcoin Bull Market Gains Steam, Breaks $9K for the First Time in 2020