Assistant Governor at the National Bank of Cambodia Serey Chea said that blockchain payments will enable greater financial control and remittance efficiency.
Cambodia is a country located on the Indochinese Peninsula in Southeast Asia. Cambodia is one of the least developed countries in Asia. However, it has one of the most rapidly growing economies in the world. Bitcoin in Cambodia is developing gradually, as the government hasn’t decided yet on the laws as they relate to blockchain and Bitcoin. Cambodian authorities have only claimed mentioned some limitations for banks and other financial establishments on trading and advertising cryptocurrency. Nevertheless, in Cambodia, the adoption of Bitcoin is becoming more and more real, as there are already local cryptocurrency exchange platforms for citizens and there are some projects being made to develop digital currencies and other related products and services — including Bitcoin mining in Cambodia.
- Bitcoin Rewards App Lolli Responds to Alibaba’s Denial of Partnership
- ‘Plan A Has Failed’ — Global Debt to Hit $255T or $12.1M per Bitcoin
- Here’s What You Missed at BlockShow Asia 2019
- Top-5 Cryptos This Week: NEO, LINK, ADA, BNB, LEO
- Crypto Markets Showing Signs of Recovery, While BTC Stalls Above $8500