A registered non-profit saw its Mailchimp account banned for alleged terms of service violations crafted during the initial coin offering boom.
Censorship is the process of suppressing communication on the basis of the broadcasted information being considered harmful or inappropriate by governmental or private authorities. Censorship is a blockchain-related topic. The technology provides no opportunity for changing information post-factum that gives blockchain censorship resistance. Blockchain’s protection form censorship makes it one of the most promising technologies for the future development of social networks, messaging applications and other media platforms. Censorship-resistant blockchain platforms have already emerged in several projects and are continuously being developed within major blockchain systems. However, new platforms are a threat to autocratic authorities and current major media, which may further slow down the establishment of censorship-resistant, blockchain-based media.
- Novogratz’ Galaxy Digital Continues Losing Streak in 2019, Posts $33M Q4 Loss
- Visa Backs New Bitcoin Rewards Card From Lightning-Friendly Fold
- Crypto Companies See Uptick in Volume Amid Global Uncertainty
- Facebook Sues User for Cloaking Ads for Fake COVID-19 News and Crypto Scams
- Anthony Pompliano Discloses His Investment Strategy in Times of Crisis