Venezuelan project Locha Mesh is developing devices to ensure crisis-struck regions are able to use crypto amid internet and electricity shortages.
Censorship is the process of suppressing communication on the basis of the broadcasted information being considered harmful or inappropriate by governmental or private authorities. Censorship is a blockchain-related topic. The technology provides no opportunity for changing information post-factum that gives blockchain censorship resistance. Blockchain’s protection form censorship makes it one of the most promising technologies for the future development of social networks, messaging applications and other media platforms. Censorship-resistant blockchain platforms have already emerged in several projects and are continuously being developed within major blockchain systems. However, new platforms are a threat to autocratic authorities and current major media, which may further slow down the establishment of censorship-resistant, blockchain-based media.
- Bitcoin ‘Needs More’ PR from People Like Peter Schiff: Binance CEO
- Litecoin Creator Proposes Miners Voluntarily Donate 1% for Development
- CV Summit United Blockchain Leaders and Enthusiasts in Davos
- User Retention: The Holy Grail for DApps Moving Beyond Buzzword Status
- Bitcoin Risk-Return a ‘Different Beast’ Compared to Amazon: Analyst