Major American cryptocurrency exchange and wallet service provider Coinbase has added support for DOGE to its Coinbase Wallet
Dogecoin is a blockchain-based peer-to-peer cryptocurrency. The first definition of Dogecoin that comes to mind is a joke cryptocurrency inspired by the “doge” meme, but the interesting point is that Dogecoin managed to build a sustainable and friendly community, got a capitalization of more than one billion dollars and still exist as one of the biggest currencies on the cryptomarket.
Dogecoin community not only helped its members that got in trouble or were hacked, but also has been involved in some interesting charity cases. For example, they raised fifty thousand dollars for Jamaican Bobsled team to go to Sochi Winter Olympics in 2014 and thirty thousand dollars to build a well in the Tana river basin in Kenya. Dogecoin is popular on Reddit, Twitter and some blockchain-related communities.
- US Telecoms Giant AT&T Now Accepting Crypto Payments via BitPay
- BBC: Facebook Aims to Launch Payments-Focused Cryptocurrency in 2020
- Kraken Paid 250 Salaries to Staff in Bitcoin Last Month, Exchange Tells Critic
- Report: Telegram to Launch TON Network in Q3 2019
- Morgan Creek CEO Says Every Investor Should Hold Some Bitcoin