Bitcoin is digital freedom because it allows making the transactions that others don’t want you to make, Blockstream CSO says.
Freedom is an ability to act without constraint. Financial and political freedom are some of the most important values of the modern world and are crucial to the development of societies. Government structure is limiting for people, sometimes for all the right reasons and sometimes without any logic — due to too much bureaucracy and backwardness of the system. Some people see Bitcoin as a foundation for future financial freedom. Blockchain’s uncensored and immutable structure can bring economic freedom with Bitcoin. “Bitcoin is freedom” is a topic on the Bitcointalk Forum that has promoted new cryptocurrency as a method of freeing people from central banks’ oppression. However, governmental technological resources are growing and can currently implement cryptocurrency and digital money into the existing monetary structure. With increasing capitalization of crypto, it’s only a matter of time before governments will try to get crypto under their control.
- T-Minus 1,000 Blocks Until Ethereum’s Istanbul Hard Fork
- Ukraine Passes Law on Money Laundering With Crypto Policy Based on FATF
- SEC Requests UK’s Intervention to Force Telegram’s Former Advisor to Testify
- Blockchain and 3D Printing Are Reinventing Aerospace Supply Chains
- Bitcoin Price Must Now Break $8.2K to End 6-Month Losing Streak