Bitcoin is digital freedom because it allows making the transactions that others don’t want you to make, Blockstream CSO says.
Freedom is an ability to act without constraint. Financial and political freedom are some of the most important values of the modern world and are crucial to the development of societies. Government structure is limiting for people, sometimes for all the right reasons and sometimes without any logic — due to too much bureaucracy and backwardness of the system. Some people see Bitcoin as a foundation for future financial freedom. Blockchain’s uncensored and immutable structure can bring economic freedom with Bitcoin. “Bitcoin is freedom” is a topic on the Bitcointalk Forum that has promoted new cryptocurrency as a method of freeing people from central banks’ oppression. However, governmental technological resources are growing and can currently implement cryptocurrency and digital money into the existing monetary structure. With increasing capitalization of crypto, it’s only a matter of time before governments will try to get crypto under their control.
- US SEC Charges Convict and Associates for $30M Fraudulent ICO
- Libra Association Forms Steering Committee to Guide Technical Development
- Amid Legal Controversy, Telegram Blockchain Explorers Are Already Available
- CME Bitcoin Futures See Open Interest Surge as Global Volume Hits $25B
- Price Analysis Jan 17: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, BSV, LTC, EOS, BNB, ETC, TRX