Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain could be key components for Catalonia’s independence from Spain.
Freedom is an ability to act without constraint. Financial and political freedom are some of the most important values of the modern world and are crucial to the development of societies. Government structure is limiting for people, sometimes for all the right reasons and sometimes without any logic — due to too much bureaucracy and backwardness of the system. Some people see Bitcoin as a foundation for future financial freedom. Blockchain’s uncensored and immutable structure can bring economic freedom with Bitcoin. “Bitcoin is freedom” is a topic on the Bitcointalk Forum that has promoted new cryptocurrency as a method of freeing people from central banks’ oppression. However, governmental technological resources are growing and can currently implement cryptocurrency and digital money into the existing monetary structure. With increasing capitalization of crypto, it’s only a matter of time before governments will try to get crypto under their control.
- Chilean Taxpayers Must Report Cryptocurrency Profits to Chilean IRS: Local Media
- Lack of ETNs Keeps Wall Street Away From Bitcoin, Says CBOE Analyst Ed Tilly
- Bitcoin Falls Towards $3,550 as Top Cryptos See Moderate to Major Losses
- Proposed License Requirements End Anonymous Crypto Selling and Buying in the Netherlands
- Hodler’s Digest, Jan. 14–20: Top Stories, Price Movements, Quotes and FUD of the Week