Gemini, a major cryptocurrency exchange and custodian, recently announced it launched support for Bitcoin Cash on the ABC blockchain.
Hard Fork News
The definition of a hard fork is not easy, so we’ll better start with an example from the latest hard fork news. A well-known example of a hard fork was the appearance of Bitcoin Cash as an alternative to Bitcoin Classic with improved transaction speed and smaller fees. This schism led to the presence of 2 completely different currencies. The key point of this occasion is those changes are permanent, and that is what differs hard fork from any other changes in the system.
So, a hard fork is a radical change in the Blockchain that makes all the previous blocks or transactions invalid (or vice-versa). Events like this make all users upgrade their software to the latest version, because previous versions become unusable in the newest one. This event creates a split or a fork: one path follows the new version and one path follows the old one.
- First Week of December Ends with Flush of Green, Bitcoin Nears $3,700
- Chinese Central Bank Governor Defines STOs as ‘Illegal Financial Activity in China’
- IBM Partners with Abu Dhabi National Oil Company for Blockchain Supply Chain System
- South Korean Startup Presto to File Constitutional Appeal Against Local ICO Ban
- Top 5 Crypto Performers Overview: BSV, XEM, TRX, BNB, BTC