American retail corporation Overstock.com’s blockchain subsidiary Medici will assist the municipality of Tulum to create a land registry system.
Mexico is a federal presidential representative democratic republic in the southern part of North America. According to the International Monetary Fund, the country is the 15th largest country by nominal GDP and the 11th largest country by purchasing power parity. In terms of cryptocurrency, in March 2018, the Mexican government presented its draft legislation which describes Bitcoin as a digital asset and sets regulations on making transactions with virtual money. Due to the high market capitalization, protocols, algorithms, etc., authorities will determine which kinds of cryptocurrency fits the definition of an asset. The main purpose of the law is to raise their national economy by attracting international companies and investors interested in digital currencies.
- US Institutional Crypto Exchange Seed CX Expands to Asia With New Partnership
- Streaming Service Twitch Removes Crypto Payment Options, Reddit User Reports
- Bank for International Settlements Exec Advises Against Central Bank Digital Currencies
- Accepted: MakerDAO Vote to Raise DAI Stablecoin Stability Fee by 4% to 7.5% per Year
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, EOS, Bitcoin Cash, Binance Coin, Stellar, Tron, Cardano: Price Analysis, March 22