MIT’s crypto research group said the crypto and blockchain space is an experimental playground paving the way for a central bank digital currency.
MIT, or the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, is a university and research center located in Cambridge, MA, USA. MIT is one of the most prestigious technological educational establishments both in the USA and in the world. MIT is also popular for its innovative activity directed on robotics and artificial intelligence. Also, the university has its own MIT cybersecurity course. In terms of MIT and cryptocurrency, blockchain technology at MIT is being considering as a system of awarding digital diplomas in addition to traditional ones and, besides that, the university has its own standards and certificates for blockchain. Also, the university is origin place of MIT Bitcoin Expo, which is a big conference concerned with using innovative technologies in the financial sphere.
- Bitcoin Breaks 7-Month Downtrend But Must Clear These Hurdles to $10K
- Billionaire Investor Tim Draper: If You're a Millennial, Buy Bitcoin
- Russian State-Run Tech Firm to Decrease Spending on Blockchain by 50%
- Iranian Authorities Have Issued 1,000 Licenses for Cryptocurrency Mining
- New Research Shows Bitcoin-Denominated Payments Still a ‘Fantasy’