Cryptocurrency project OneCoin is reportedly denying claims that it is a “hybrid ponzi-pyramid scheme” and scam.
The OneCoin cryptocurrency is promoted as an analogue of the Bitcoin system but with a private blockchain. Cryptocoin was made by “One Coin Limited” that was founded by Ruja Ignatova in 2015. Comparing OneCoin with Bitcoin, some significant differences can been seen: the absence of a peer-to-peer network, which means mining is done only by the company; all transactions can be operated via partnership exchanges; and all data can only be stored by the issuer, i.e. “One Coin Limited.” According to the company, the main aspect of their business is spreading educational material about exchange trading. For the implementation of OneCoin, the principle of multi-level marketing (MLM) is used. In other words, it is a pyramid scheme, which raises many questions in the crypto community about its legality.
- Bitfinex and Tether Move for Case Dismissal Over Lack of Jurisdiction
- BlockFi Crypto Management Firm Adjusts Interest Rates
- Report: Chinese E-Commerce Giant JD.com Has Applied for Over 200 Blockchain Patents
- Bitcoin Approaches $8,000 as Bitcoin SV Doubles in Value
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Litecoin, Binance Coin, Stellar, Cardano, TRON: Price Analysis May 20