Bitcoin rose from the dead almost 100 times last year alone, while 934 altcoins have perished, data suggests.
The OneCoin cryptocurrency is promoted as an analogue of the Bitcoin system but with a private blockchain. Cryptocoin was made by “One Coin Limited” that was founded by Ruja Ignatova in 2015. Comparing OneCoin with Bitcoin, some significant differences can been seen: the absence of a peer-to-peer network, which means mining is done only by the company; all transactions can be operated via partnership exchanges; and all data can only be stored by the issuer, i.e. “One Coin Limited.” According to the company, the main aspect of their business is spreading educational material about exchange trading. For the implementation of OneCoin, the principle of multi-level marketing (MLM) is used. In other words, it is a pyramid scheme, which raises many questions in the crypto community about its legality.
- Wyoming Introduces a Bill Aiming to Define Virtual Currencies as Money
- Total Value of Bitcoin Sent to Darknet Markets Increased by 70% in 2018: Report
- Taiwan Indicts Seven Allegedly Fraudulent Bitcoin Investment Managers
- Crypto Analyst Brian Kelly: ‘No Shot’ for Bitcoin ETF in 2019
- Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Stellar, Litecoin, TRON, Bitcoin SV, Cardano: Price Analysis, Jan. 18