The U.S. government has rejected the claim of alleged OneCoin money launderer Mark Scott that it failed to produce sufficient evidence against the former attorn...
The OneCoin cryptocurrency is promoted as an analogue of the Bitcoin system but with a private blockchain. Cryptocoin was made by “One Coin Limited” that was founded by Ruja Ignatova in 2015. Comparing OneCoin with Bitcoin, some significant differences can been seen: the absence of a peer-to-peer network, which means mining is done only by the company; all transactions can be operated via partnership exchanges; and all data can only be stored by the issuer, i.e. “One Coin Limited.” According to the company, the main aspect of their business is spreading educational material about exchange trading. For the implementation of OneCoin, the principle of multi-level marketing (MLM) is used. In other words, it is a pyramid scheme, which raises many questions in the crypto community about its legality.
- Russia Postpones Its Crypto Law Again, Now Blaming Coronavirus
- BCH, BSV Block Halvings Will Force Miners to Bitcoin (BTC) — Report
- ‘Prime Brokerage’ for Crypto: Apifiny Launches Institutional Platform to Connect Exchange Liquidity
- Bitfury Becomes Latest Crypto Industry Player to Join COVID-19 Research Project
- SEC Claims Telegram Injunction Applies to ‘Any Person or Entity’