Bitcoin rose from the dead almost 100 times last year alone, while 934 altcoins have perished, data suggests.
The OneCoin cryptocurrency is promoted as an analogue of the Bitcoin system but with a private blockchain. Cryptocoin was made by “One Coin Limited” that was founded by Ruja Ignatova in 2015. Comparing OneCoin with Bitcoin, some significant differences can been seen: the absence of a peer-to-peer network, which means mining is done only by the company; all transactions can be operated via partnership exchanges; and all data can only be stored by the issuer, i.e. “One Coin Limited.” According to the company, the main aspect of their business is spreading educational material about exchange trading. For the implementation of OneCoin, the principle of multi-level marketing (MLM) is used. In other words, it is a pyramid scheme, which raises many questions in the crypto community about its legality.
- Tim Draper Urges Argentina’s President to Legalize Bitcoin to Improve Economy
- CME Group CEO Terry Duffy: No Bitcoin Deficit a Problem for Regulators
- Insurance Blockchain Startup B3i Raises $16 Million
- Bitcoin Holds $4,000, British Pound Loses to USD as Brexit Anticipation Grows
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, EOS, Bitcoin Cash, Binance Coin, Stellar, Cardano, Tron: Price Analysis, March 25