Non-custodial peer-to-peer exchange HodlHodl announced Lightning Network support.
P2P services News
A p2p, or peer-to-peer, service is a decentralized system. Currently, most blockchain-based platforms allow users to interact directly with each other without a third party. The concept of peer-to-peer networks defines a peer as a part of the network that is both a supplier and a consumer of resources. The most famous examples of non-blockchain p2p services are BitTorrent, Uber, eBay, Spotify and AirBnb. However, the most welcoming application base for p2p services is served by the cryptocurrency industry. Bitcoin, Ethereum and most other cryptocurrencies are examples of p2p services that are currently a major driver of p2p development and popularization. Peer-to-peer services are often viewed as an alternative to centralized platforms, with servers acting as the main power of the network and directly influencing information distribution within it.
- Bloomberg: UK Interdealer Broker TP ICAP to Sell CME’s Bitcoin Futures
- Georgian Gov’t, IOHK Partner to Develop Blockchain in Education, Ministry Services
- Bitcoin Surpasses One Million Daily Active Addresses
- Bitcoin Breaks $9,300 as US Stock Market Sees Minor Downturn
- Japan Data Initiative Brings Blockchain Security to 100 Major Businesses