Tron-owned p2p software company BitTorrent announced that it will release the beta of its decentralized social media app BitTorrent Live in Q2 2019.
P2P services News
A p2p, or peer-to-peer, service is a decentralized system. Currently, most blockchain-based platforms allow users to interact directly with each other without a third party. The concept of peer-to-peer networks defines a peer as a part of the network that is both a supplier and a consumer of resources. The most famous examples of non-blockchain p2p services are BitTorrent, Uber, eBay, Spotify and AirBnb. However, the most welcoming application base for p2p services is served by the cryptocurrency industry. Bitcoin, Ethereum and most other cryptocurrencies are examples of p2p services that are currently a major driver of p2p development and popularization. Peer-to-peer services are often viewed as an alternative to centralized platforms, with servers acting as the main power of the network and directly influencing information distribution within it.
- Bitcoin Almost Touches $5,600, Forming Its First Bullish Golden Cross Since October 2015
- ‘Blockchain Bandit’ Has Stolen 45,000 ETH by Guessing Weak Private Keys, Report Claims
- 21-Year-Old Jailed for 10 Years After Stealing $7.5M in Crypto By Hacking Cell Phones
- Research: White Paper Writers Can Earn $50K, But Say Startups Often Mislead Investors
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Litecoin, Binance Coin, Stellar, Cardano, TRON: Price Analysis April 22