Non-custodial peer-to-peer exchange HodlHodl announced Lightning Network support.
P2P services News
A p2p, or peer-to-peer, service is a decentralized system. Currently, most blockchain-based platforms allow users to interact directly with each other without a third party. The concept of peer-to-peer networks defines a peer as a part of the network that is both a supplier and a consumer of resources. The most famous examples of non-blockchain p2p services are BitTorrent, Uber, eBay, Spotify and AirBnb. However, the most welcoming application base for p2p services is served by the cryptocurrency industry. Bitcoin, Ethereum and most other cryptocurrencies are examples of p2p services that are currently a major driver of p2p development and popularization. Peer-to-peer services are often viewed as an alternative to centralized platforms, with servers acting as the main power of the network and directly influencing information distribution within it.
- Fidelity Investments Fully Rolls Out Crypto Custody Service, Exec Says
- Jamie Dimon About Libra: ‘A Neat Idea That Will Never Happen’
- Kik Messaging App Now Has New Owner, Will Continue Work on Kin Token
- Craig Wright: Either I’m Satoshi Nakamoto, or He Plagiarized Me
- Price Analysis 18/10: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, LTC, EOS, BNB, BSV, XLM, LEO