A fintech company based out of Dubai has entered into a strategic partnership with R3, as it develops a Corda-based platform for Islamic securities.
Saudi Arabia News
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is a western Asian Islamic country with an area of a little more than two million square kilometers and a population of 33 million people. Saudi Arabia has a petroleum-based command economy that produces one of the largest GDPs in the world, steadily being in the top-20 countries in terms of GDP. Bitcoin is legal is Saudi Arabia. One can exchange and buy Bitcoin in Saudi Arabia. However, the financial authorities of Saudi Arabia issued a warning on Bitcoin trading and offer no protections for cryptocurrency-related losses. There are ATMs for Bitcoin in Saudi Arabia and maintained Bitcoin exchanges. The government of the country is currently liberalizing its political and economic structure, making Saudi Arabia more welcoming for foreign investments and emerging startups. The highly profitable economy may become a solid foundation for future technological development.
- Bitcoin Drops to $7,000 as China Vows to ‘Dispose of’ Local Exchanges
- Harvard University Stages ‘Digital Currency Wars’ Crisis Simulation
- Tezos Partners With Singapore Gov’t Blockchain Platform for Training Program
- CFTC Chair on Crypto Regulation: We Don’t Want to Snuff out Innovation
- Blockchain Security Firm CertiK to Launch Beta for Smart Contracts-Focused Chain