A human rights lawyer representing victims of an alleged cryptocurrency pyramid scheme in Thailand is taking their case to the country’s Department of Special I...
Thailand is a country in Southeast Asia with an area of 513,000 kilometers and a population of 68 million. Thailand has an emerging economy and is currently going through industrialization. However, Thailand is one of the major economies in Southeast Asia — second after Indonesia in terms of GDP. Thailand’s economy is based on computer components, the automotive industry, petroleum and agriculture. Bitcoin is legal in Thailand, though Thailand’s cryptocurrency exchanges and financial institutions are under some regulations. Thailand’s Bitcoin exchanges can only exchange digital currencies for Thai baht and need a Business Development Department license to perform such operations. Initial Coin Offerings are totally legal in Thailand and the SEC of Thailand even encouraged the funding of businesses with ICOs, but all those operations should be performed with the execution of all regulatory requirements.
- Bitcoin SV Drops 40% as Lawyer Admits Craig Wright Has No Private Keys
- New Analysis Finds That Mondays Are the Best Days to Buy Bitcoin
- It’s Never Been Harder to Mine Bitcoin as Hash Rate Hits New Highs
- Mind the Gap: Identifying and Trading 4 Different Bitcoin Chart Gaps
- Bitcoin Price Ready to Push Above Key Resistance to Hit $10,000