R3 and global IT firm Wipro have developed a blockchain solution prototype to enable a CBDC for interbank settlements in Thailand.
Thailand is a country in Southeast Asia with an area of 513,000 kilometers and a population of 68 million. Thailand has an emerging economy and is currently going through industrialization. However, Thailand is one of the major economies in Southeast Asia — second after Indonesia in terms of GDP. Thailand’s economy is based on computer components, the automotive industry, petroleum and agriculture. Bitcoin is legal in Thailand, though Thailand’s cryptocurrency exchanges and financial institutions are under some regulations. Thailand’s Bitcoin exchanges can only exchange digital currencies for Thai baht and need a Business Development Department license to perform such operations. Initial Coin Offerings are totally legal in Thailand and the SEC of Thailand even encouraged the funding of businesses with ICOs, but all those operations should be performed with the execution of all regulatory requirements.
- Bitfinex and Tether Move for Case Dismissal Over Lack of Jurisdiction
- BlockFi Crypto Management Firm Adjusts Interest Rates
- Report: Chinese E-Commerce Giant JD.com Has Applied for Over 200 Blockchain Patents
- Bitcoin Approaches $8,000 as Bitcoin SV Doubles in Value
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Litecoin, Binance Coin, Stellar, Cardano, TRON: Price Analysis May 20