Thailand-based energy company PTT and blockchain energy nonprofit Energy Web Foundation are jointly building a blockchain-based renewables platform.
Thailand is a country in Southeast Asia with an area of 513,000 kilometers and a population of 68 million. Thailand has an emerging economy and is currently going through industrialization. However, Thailand is one of the major economies in Southeast Asia — second after Indonesia in terms of GDP. Thailand’s economy is based on computer components, the automotive industry, petroleum and agriculture. Bitcoin is legal in Thailand, though Thailand’s cryptocurrency exchanges and financial institutions are under some regulations. Thailand’s Bitcoin exchanges can only exchange digital currencies for Thai baht and need a Business Development Department license to perform such operations. Initial Coin Offerings are totally legal in Thailand and the SEC of Thailand even encouraged the funding of businesses with ICOs, but all those operations should be performed with the execution of all regulatory requirements.
- Ripple Avoids XRP Question as It Moves to Dismiss Securities Lawsuit
- Binance to Launch Fiat-to-Crypto OTC for Chinese Yuan in October
- Iran Considers New System of Annual Registration for Crypto Miners
- Bitcoin Owners Are Giving Away Altcoins to Support TOR Project
- Bitcoin Fails to Regain $10K as Market Dominance Hits 6-Week Low