The Stock Exchange of Thailand announced it is ready to start building a new digital asset system.
Thailand is a country in Southeast Asia with an area of 513,000 kilometers and a population of 68 million. Thailand has an emerging economy and is currently going through industrialization. However, Thailand is one of the major economies in Southeast Asia — second after Indonesia in terms of GDP. Thailand’s economy is based on computer components, the automotive industry, petroleum and agriculture. Bitcoin is legal in Thailand, though Thailand’s cryptocurrency exchanges and financial institutions are under some regulations. Thailand’s Bitcoin exchanges can only exchange digital currencies for Thai baht and need a Business Development Department license to perform such operations. Initial Coin Offerings are totally legal in Thailand and the SEC of Thailand even encouraged the funding of businesses with ICOs, but all those operations should be performed with the execution of all regulatory requirements.
- Tim Draper Urges Argentina’s President to Legalize Bitcoin to Improve Economy
- Vitalik Buterin: Crypto Must Leave Behind the Individualism of the Early Cypherpunks
- QuadrigaCX Would Never Have Lost Crypto Keys Had It Been in Bermuda, Says Premier
- Bitcoin Holds $4,000, British Pound Loses to USD as Brexit Anticipation Grows
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, EOS, Bitcoin Cash, Binance Coin, Stellar, Cardano, Tron: Price Analysis, March 25