Greg Maxwell is a target of a recent online Bitcoin community controversy that originates in an alleged connection between Theymos and a Blockstream employee.
Theymos is a Bitcoin.org and Bitcointalk administrator and Reddit Bitcoin moderator. Theymos is popular among the Bitcoin community for several reasons. The first is that he has posted over 8,000 posts on Bitcointalk, which as contributed a large input of information spreading nd awareness about cryptocurrency among common users. However, some people find he holds a double standard, as he allowed to post personal data about any moderator of the website or any other person except his own. Besides banning the information that could reveal Theymos’ identity, Theymos’ censorship policy includes everything he is personally against, such as the fork of Bitcoin Core (SegWit2x) or exchanges and cryptocurrency related with opposite positions as his.
- Winklevoss Capital: Investors Are ‘Thoughtfully Dipping their Toes into Crypto,’ Not Taking the Plunge
- Crypto Exchange Coinbase Acquires San Francisco-Based Tech Startup Blockspring
- South African Gov’t Reveals It Has No Plans to Ban Crypto in Recent Consultation Paper
- BitTorrent’s Tron-Based BTT Token Integration Will Launch by Summer
- Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Stellar, Litecoin, Tron, Bitcoin SV, Cardano: Price Analysis, Jan. 16