Greg Maxwell is a target of a recent online Bitcoin community controversy that originates in an alleged connection between Theymos and a Blockstream employee.
Theymos is a Bitcoin.org and Bitcointalk administrator and Reddit Bitcoin moderator. Theymos is popular among the Bitcoin community for several reasons. The first is that he has posted over 8,000 posts on Bitcointalk, which as contributed a large input of information spreading nd awareness about cryptocurrency among common users. However, some people find he holds a double standard, as he allowed to post personal data about any moderator of the website or any other person except his own. Besides banning the information that could reveal Theymos’ identity, Theymos’ censorship policy includes everything he is personally against, such as the fork of Bitcoin Core (SegWit2x) or exchanges and cryptocurrency related with opposite positions as his.
- Bakkt Trades 18 BTC in First 7 Hours as Bitcoin Price Falls Below $10K
- IBM Says It’s Open to Working With Facebook on Libra Crypto
- Swiss Bitcoin Bank: UBS, Credit Suisse Interest ‘Clearly Picked Up’
- VanEck, SolidX Drop Bitcoin ETF Race, SEC Approval Until 2020 Unlikely
- Bitcoin Price: Bears Eye $7.7K to Capitalize on Lukewarm Bakkt Debut