UBS’ Paul Donovan repeats Bitcoin bashing from last year, claiming it will “never be a currency.”
UBS is the largest Swiss financial holding that provides various financial services all around the world. The first bank of the holding was founded in 1862 in Winterthur and the main office of UBS bank is currently headquartered in Zurich. UBS experts have different opinions about cryptocurrency and its growing popularity. Some of them think that investments in digital assets can be a good way not only to store money, but also to gain some profit from them, while others call Bitcoin another financial pyramid and warn their clients about using it. However, the corporation is considering using patents for blockchain validation for the UBS online services database, which will not only make maintaining the bank more secure, but also a number of its participants.
- Total Market Cap Drops $5 Billion as All Major Coins Take Price Hit
- Japan: Regulators Approve Startup’s Bitcoin Sidechain Trial for Exchanges
- Alistair Milne: Bitcoin Is Only Public Blockchain Certain to Last for Next 100 Years
- Lack of ETNs Keeps Wall Street Away From Bitcoin, Says CBOE Analyst Ed Tilly
- Hodler’s Digest, Jan. 14–20: Top Stories, Price Movements, Quotes and FUD of the Week