Some of the world’s leading banks are allegedly currently investing around $50 million to build a blockchain-powered digital cash system.
UBS is the largest Swiss financial holding that provides various financial services all around the world. The first bank of the holding was founded in 1862 in Winterthur and the main office of UBS bank is currently headquartered in Zurich. UBS experts have different opinions about cryptocurrency and its growing popularity. Some of them think that investments in digital assets can be a good way not only to store money, but also to gain some profit from them, while others call Bitcoin another financial pyramid and warn their clients about using it. However, the corporation is considering using patents for blockchain validation for the UBS online services database, which will not only make maintaining the bank more secure, but also a number of its participants.
- US Telecoms Giant AT&T Now Accepting Crypto Payments via BitPay
- BBC: Facebook Aims to Launch Payments-Focused Cryptocurrency in 2020
- Kraken Paid 250 Salaries to Staff in Bitcoin Last Month, Exchange Tells Critic
- Ethereum Co-Founder Vitalik Buterin Proposes Creating On-Chain Ether Mixer
- Report: Telegram to Launch TON Network in Q3 2019