A company says it has seen growth in Africa, as consumers seek alternatives to unstable currencies.
“Unbanked” is a slang definition of adults who do not own bank accounts and avoid using banks in any other capacity. The term ‘unbanked’ should not be confused with “underbanked,” which is used to describe people who do not have sufficient access to financial services. The problem of being unbanked is widely researched in the USA, where unbanked people represent 7.7 percent of population. Due to the US’s research, most of the US’s unbanked are white, native-born Americans. They choose to be unbanked for various reasons, including involvement in illegal activities, distrust of financial institutions and extreme poverty. Banking the unbanked is an important issue and can help the poor to gain financial stability. Blockchain-based technologies are often referred to as a way of providing the services of financial institutions to people who don’t want to get involved or can’t be involved in traditional organizations.
- Report: QuadrigaCX Founder May Have Stored Private Keys on Paper in Safety Deposit Box
- NEO Blockchain Platform Opens Seattle Office Headed by Ex-Microsoft Exec
- Moscow Blockchain Cluster Needs Intellectual Property Mechanism, Says Expert
- Crypto Markets Continue to See Mixed Signals, Dow Jones Up Over 360 Points
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, EOS, Bitcoin Cash, TRON, Stellar, Binance Coin, Bitcoin SV: Price Analysis, February 15