CoinTelegraph has partnered with Coin ATM Radar, which regularly updates a helpful and navigable Bitcoin ATM map, to get the most comprehensive data about new BTMs as they go online.
The United States continues its trend of getting at least one new BTM installed each week. Paraguay saw its first BTM go live last week, and down in Australia, there are now seven Bitcoin ATMs in Melbourne and surrounding areas.
According to Coin ATM Radar’s data as of November 12, 2014, there are 296 live BTMs around the world. Below are a few that were installed and began operations last week.
- In Paraguay, Be Okay restaurant in the capital, Asunción, brought one more South American country onto the BTM network with a one-way Skyhook machine. Be Okay accepts Bitcoin payments, though there is no word yet on the BTM’s commissions or limits.
- The number of BTMs in New Hampshire doubled last week when Keene’s 101 Deals Thrift Store installed a one-way Skyhook machine. The BTM charges a 5% commission, and transactions limits are currently capped at US$200.
- Jones Bros. Cupcakes in Omaha, Nebraska, installed a two-way BitAccess machine at the Aksarben Village location on 67th Street. This is one of the machines operated by ZenBox, which, as CoinTelegraph has reported, is world’s largest operator and distributor of BTMs.
- There are now seven Bitcoin ATMs in London, five of which are in Shoreditch. The newest such machine, a two-way BitAccess kiosk at Google’s Campus London, features smartphone account verification, as CoinTelegraph reported last week.
- Australian company CoinStation brought the newest BTM to Melbourne, a one-way Skyhook machine that charges a 5% commission and caps transactions at 500 AUD, which found a home at the Melbourne Bitcoin Technology Center.
Did you enjoy this article? You may also be interested in reading these ones:
- New Bitcoin ATMs: SF gets first BTM as Argentina, Germany and Italy get more locations
- 200+ Bitcoin ATMs Globally and Counting: Grand Rapids, Albuquerque, Budapest and More
- New Bitcoin ATMs: CoinOutlet Launches Huge ATM Network, and Machines Come to Lisbon, Zagreb
- New Bitcoin ATMS: First Machines Invade NY, Dallas, South Africa
Follow Cointelegraph on Facebook