Algorithm Conference, June 16 – 18, 2020, Austin, Texas
Algorithm Conference is a 3-day conference that will feature high-level workshops and presentations that demonstrate how algorithms have been shaping and will continue to shape every aspect of our lives.
Algorithm Conference is a 3-day conference that will feature high-level workshops and presentations that demonstrate how algorithms have been shaping and will continue to shape every aspect of our lives. Special consideration will be given to sessions that highlight innovative technical and commercial developments in big data, artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain technologies, their ethical and privacy implications, and how they impact and are impacted by public policies.
- Can AI be sentient and conscious?
- Can AI be capable of understanding?
- Should generative AI be recognized as inventors by patent issuing authorities?
- Should the (US) military continue the development of lethal AI?
- Quantum computing. Hype or are we really making progress?
- How are hackers using the Bitcoin blockchain as part of a malware infrastructure?
Those are just a few of the issues that our speakers will address during the plenary sessions of the conference. Some of those speakers includes the:
- First chairperson of Artificial Intelligence for the U.S. Air Force, who is now the US Air Force's current Director of Operations.
- A research scientist at Uber AI Labs working on AI safety.
- The Director of the Walter Bradley Center for Natural and Artificial Intelligence, who is also the author of The Case for Killer Robots: Why America’s Military Needs to Continue Development of Lethal AI.
- The inventor of DABUS, a generative AI that has made two inventions of its own.
- A patent attorney, who, working with a team of international patent attorneys from around the world, is trying to get patent authorities, including the US Patent Office, to recognize DABUS as an inventor.
- A former quantum researcher at the University of Maryland Joint Quantum Institute and Georgia Tech Quantum Optics & Quantum Telecommunications Lab.
Algorithm Conference will take place right in the middle of Summer from Thursday, July 16 - Saturday, July 18, 2020, at the Thompson Conference Center on the University of Texas at Austin campus. We hope by then that coronavirus and the covid-19 disease that it brought along will be history so you can join us in Austin and engage in that person-to-person conference interaction that the best video conferencing platform cannot replicate.
For more info and link to registration, visit https://algorithmconference.com. Use the COIN discount code for 15% off the cost of any plenary conference ticket.
This is a paid press release. Cointelegraph does not endorse and is not responsible for or liable for any content, accuracy, quality, advertising, products or other materials on this page. Readers should do their own research before taking any actions related to the company. Cointelegraph is not responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services mentioned in the press release.