The confluence of Big Data, cloud computing and AI has revolutionized the opportunities and threats that data presents to data-intensive industries such as financial services. The industry’s experience of crisis response has shown the potential risks of data-sharing both to firms and their customers. As the regulatory landscape evolves, it is becoming increasingly important to understand what is driving data risks in an organization and how to stay alert to far greater scrutiny from regulators, who want financial services firms to build a strong data culture to ensure responsible, transparent and ethical use of machine learning and data analytics. Of course, the opportunities are also huge: AI-driven data analytics can massively increase personalization of financial products and the granularity of risk assessment.
Against this background, City and Financial Global has announced that the next edition of Data and the Future of Financial Services Summit, chaired by Vivienne Artz OBE, non-executive director of GLEIF, chair of the IRSG Data Committee and chair of the board of directors of IAPP, will be held in person in Central London on June 14, 2022.
An impressive array of top experts will guide delegates through the following themes:
- How is data defining the future of financial markets in the United Kingdom and globally at this point in time? How can the power of innovative technologies be harnessed to solve sustainability issues, and what role does data play? Update on the relevance of quantum computing.
- The latest on the U.K.’s regulatory reform for data and Data Regulators Cooperation Forum — what does this mean for the financial services sector?
- Delivering digital transformation in a data-driven industry. Update on FCA’s data strategy. Data at the boardroom level: Understanding what is driving data risks and timely acting upon them. Practical steps to developing a data governance framework for an organization and the role of senior management. Data access control and governance
- Trust, transformation of culture and ethical data use at times of heightened expectations of the financial services industry. Are digital ethics being embraced as a strategic, C-suite issue and business enabler?
- The future of international transfers. Are we being pushed back toward localization of data and removing the free flow of data?
- Is there tension between data legislation and crypto exchange? What are the data opportunities and challenges for the evolving crypto landscape?
- AI and transformation. The power of AI-driven data analytics to increase personalization of financial products and the granularity of risk assessment.
- AI and the implications for data protection. Regulating AI in the financial services sector — what could this look like? The EU’s proposed rules for AI in financial services. What can be learned from China’s approach to AI regulations?