The CV VC Top 50 Report 2022 was presented in Davos today and shows that Crypto Valley, which includes Switzerland and Liechtenstein, is the most mature blockchain hub. It continued to expand steadily in 2022 because of an exemplary regulatory jurisdiction and a determined decentralized mindset exhibited by the 1,135 entities building from there. The CV VC Top 50 Report 2022 is a testament to the fact that blockchain is evolving into a multi-billion dollar industry in Crypto Valley. While Swiss-based, the top 50 have an international footprint.
- The valuation of the top 50 entities is $185 billion. This splits into $175.6 billion for blockchain platforms by market capitalization and $9.7 billion for companies by equity valuation.
- Despite the ongoing market volatility, commercial blockchain companies in Crypto Valley have defied typical industry trends, with an impressive 55% growth in market valuations. The market cap for platforms in the top 50 significantly decreased by 71%.
- There are nine unicorns in Crypto Valley, seven of which are blockchain platforms and two are commercial companies. This is the first time that commercial blockchain companies have joined the unicorn herd, which is indicative of the maturity of Crypto Valley.
- The top 50 is composed of 26 platforms and 24 commercial companies, indicating the symbiotic nature of Crypto Valley’s blockchain ecosystem.
- Seven blockchain platforms in Crypto Valley are unicorns. They are building infrastructure that ensures privacy, freedom, financial inclusion, transparency and efficiency. They will allow billions of people to create, transact and own digital value.
- Two commercial companies in Crypto Valley are unicorns: 21.co, the world’s largest ETP issuer, and Gnosis Safe, manager of digital assets on Ethereum.
- The number of companies in Crypto Valley is steady, at 1,135. There were 190 new firms registered and 183 ceased, which is a balanced achievement given the global market turmoil.
- Employment has dipped just 4% across Crypto Valley when tech employment is constricting globally.
- The top 50 entities for 2022 increased funding by 2.7%, reaching $3.2 billion.
While some might worry that regulation may chill innovation, Switzerland’s standards are a distinct advantage.
Crypto Valley is at the forefront of driving progress for components that form the core infrastructure behind Web3, from decentralized identity solutions to zero-knowledge systems designed to maximize scalability and staking services. New top 50 entries reflect this progress in Crypto Valley, such as:
- Iamx.id — the first Self-Sovereign Identity (SSI) solution provider to incentivize consumer activity.
- Bridge Tower — a firm bridging the value of blockchain staking and DeFi products to institutional investors.
Crypto Valley is synonymous with assuredness and precision, enabling pioneers to operate with certainty.
- Multi-signature wallet protocol Gnosis Safe raised $100 million in 2022. Its unicorn status is focused on a Web3 ecosystem that is much more secure and accessible to a wider range of users. It is building safety nets such as account recovery and hybrid custody to make Web3 more approachable for many more user groups.
The CV VC Top 50 Report delves into the pioneers focused on the fundamental point of blockchain — decentralization — and shows the opportunity for DeFi and DAOs. From a geographical point of view, Zug remains the heart of Crypto Valley, followed by Zurich and other clusters in Liechtenstein, Geneva, Ticino, Vaud and Neuchatel.
CEO and founder of CV VC Mathias Ruch, commenting on the publication of the eighth edition of the Top 50 Report, said:
“The CV VC Top 50 Report is a beacon of hope, reflecting the brilliant minds who are deeply committed to blockchain infrastructure and utility, working from the epicenter known as Crypto Valley. The Top 50 Report demonstrates those leading the change toward focusing on the core utility that blockchain will deliver to all global institutions, businesses, finance, governments and society. The core utility is trust.”
Now in its eighth edition, the event is created by CV VC AG., focusing on market fundamentals and valuation developments in Crypto Valley, which includes Switzerland and Liechtenstein. The report is produced in collaboration with Bank Frick.
About CV VC
CV VC and its Web3 ecosystem builder CV Labs is a global blockchain investor with hubs in Switzerland, Liechtenstein, South Africa and Germany. As founding fathers of Crypto Valley which is the birthplace of Ethereum and home to the largest herd of blockchain unicorns, CV VC and CV Labs is the hub of Crypto Valleys’ acumen and a global force driving the dynamics of Web3.
+ 353 87 2651473