The Algorand Foundation revealed the agenda for its second annual Decipher conference today, featuring leading thinkers, builders and founders from across the blockchain landscape. Decipher is to be hosted at Madinat Jumeirah Conference and Events Center in Dubai from Nov. 28 to 30, 2022. The Algorand Foundation’s mission is to grow and empower the ecosystem around Algorand — the leading carbon-negative Layer-1 blockchain — and Decipher’s programming will highlight top founders and investors from both within and beyond the Algorand network.
A power-packed conference program
More than 120 speakers will participate in the conference across four stages and 50 sessions. Registrants will also be able to sign up for one-on-one mentoring with blockchain leaders, learn to set up wallets and experience play-to-earn games, explore a high-end curated NFT art gallery, take part in hands-on workshops designed for developers and led by the engineers and product leaders behind the Algorand protocol, and more.
On the morning of Nov. 30, there will be a special Women’s Breakfast Club event from 8:30 am to 10:00 am, free and open to all women in the Web3 tech community.
Additional highlights from Decipher’s program
Financial inclusion at scale: A world tour:
- Not all paths to a borderless global economy look the same. Leaders from around the world will discuss their region’s unique challenges and opportunities toward realizing the promise of a blockchain-powered, inclusive financial future.
- Featuring Sanzar Kakar, founder of HesabPay; Victor Mapunga, co-founder and CEO of FlexFinTx; Abhinav Sinha, co-founder of Eko India Financial Services; and Matt Keller, head of social impact at the Algorand Foundation.
Building the Next Crypto Capital:
- Earlier this year, the crown prince of Dubai announced a Metaverse strategy that is projected to add 40,000 jobs and $4 billion to the economy in five years — and that was just one of the crypto-related announcements to come from the UAE and surrounding countries recently. Leaders from the Middle East will share their approaches to creating frameworks for compliant crypto businesses to thrive.
- Featuring Basil Al Askari, CEO and co-founder of MidChains; Benjamin Ampen, MENA CEO of Kraken; and Jehanzeb Awan, chairman of the Middle East, Africa and Asia Crypto and Blockchain Association.
Efficiency, speed, and USDC on Algorand:
- A forward-looking conversation with FTX CEO Sam Bankman-Fried and Anthony Scaramucci, managing partner at SkyBridge Capital.
The payments revolution is now:
- Blockchain is enabling a revolution in payments that minimizes risk and friction for all parties. From tokenized grain for farmers in Argentina to cross-border payments in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, attendees can discover ways that payments are becoming easier and more accessible at scale.
- Featuring Khaled Moharem, president of Middle East at WadzPay; Eduardo Novillo Astrada, CEO and co-founder of AgroToken; and more to be announced.
Safer bridges to a multichain future:
- Featuring experts working to unlock interoperability between Algorand and other networks like Ethereum and Bitcoin, all while preserving privacy, minimising risk and remaining decentralized.
- Featuring Nico Arqueros, primary contributor at Milkomeda; Adi Ben-Ari, founder and CEO of Applied Blockchain; and Hugo Philion, CEO and co-founder of Flare Network.
Venture perspectives across the crypto landscape:
- What draws investors into various crypto ecosystems? A panel of VCs with broad purviews come together to offer insight.
- Featuring Terry Culver, CEO and general partner at DFG Group; Mona Hamdy, chief strategy officer at Sino Global Capital; Abhinav Pathak, research partner at Woodstock Fund; and Ryan Terribilini, head of ecosystem funding at the Algorand Foundation.
The full agenda and speaker lineup can be viewed on the site.
Media interested in attending Decipher or reporting from the event can make contact via email: firstname.lastname@example.org/.