Nominations for the Enterprise Blockchain Awards have been extended to Friday, January 31, due to a surge in submissions.
The Enterprise Blockchain Awards, now entering their second year, celebrate the world’s foremost pioneers and thought leaders in blockchain, from leading academics and start-up entrepreneurs to business leaders and Fortune 500 companies.
The nominations are judged blindly by a panel of Blockchain Research Institute (BRI) staff and experts, led by BRI research director Irving Wladawsky-Berger. Awards are available in four categories:
- The Blockchain Leadership Award celebrates an individual who has shown exception leadership in blockchain education, collaboration, and implementation;
- The New Frontier in Blockchain Research Award honours those researchers investigating the use of blockchain technology to push the technology's boundaries;
- The Innovative Entrepreneurship in Blockchain Award is presented to a start-up company trailblazing in the industry with innovative solutions;
- The Enterprise Blockchain Transformation Award celebrates the company most transforming its industry with blockchain technology.
Enterprise Blockchain Awards Gala
The awards are presented at an exclusive gala ceremony immediately following Blockchain Revolution Global on April 8, 2020, the world’s premier enterprise blockchain event and signature conference of Toronto Blockchain Week.
The gala is attended by a number of special guests from the BRG conference, including select speakers, partners, and enterprise leaders.
Last year’s awards gala was hosted by Canadian comedy icons Colin Mochrie and Deb McGrath, and featured a special performance from Grammy Award-winning artist Imogen Heap.
Blockchain Revolution Global
This year, select finalists for the Enterprise Blockchain Awards will be featured on stage at Blockchain Revolution Global (BRG), in Toronto April 7-8, 2020.
A partnership between the Blockchain Research Institute and MCI, BRG’s mission is to educate, inspire, and inform leaders in enterprise and government. The inaugural event in 2019 brought over 1200 attendees from over 20 countries to Toronto, two thirds of whom represent senior management or the C-Suite.
BRG’s inaugural 2019 conference featured over 100 world-class speakers, including:
- Don Tapscott, Blockchain Research Institute co-founder;
- Rob Carter, FedEx CIO;
- Bridget van Kralingen, IBM EVP;
- Joseph Lubin, Consensys founder;
- Brian Behlendorf, Hyperledger Executive Director;
- Dr. Sarah Muttitt, SickKids CIO.
This year, BRG will additionally serve as the signature conference and focal point for Toronto Blockchain Week.
Submitting a Nomination
To submit a nomination, visit the Enterprise Blockchain Awards page and click on the awards category that interests you. Nominations will close January 31, 2020 at 11:59pm ET.
Cointelegraph readers can also receive a 25 per cent discount to both the Enterprise Blockchain Award gala and Blockchain Revolution Global conference by entering the code 25BRI during registration.