The cross-organisation event held on Saturday, Jan. 23, will unveil new technologies developed in partnerships between the blockchain initiatives.
2020 proved two things: Decentralized finance is here to stay, and significant challenges still remain. While Ethereum remains the largest DeFi infrastructure platform, more recent projects have sought to address some of the first smart contract blockchain’s shortcomings.
Ergo Platform, a DeFi blockchain launched in 2019 by former Nxt and IOHK developer Alexander Chepurnoy, showcases an impressive set of new smart contract technologies built on the foundations of Bitcoin’s UTXO model and proven track record of security. The team has collaborated with Cardano via a partnership with Emurgo, a leading blockchain company, to explore solutions that will further both platforms and the DeFi space as a whole.
This weekend, the online Ergo Summit will feature speakers from across these organizations. They will discuss the fast-moving nature of the DeFi space, the challenges that still exist, and how Ergo and its partners aim to address them.
Additionally, the team will unveil the design of a new stablecoin, AgeUSD, based on a model that brings the benefits of simplicity, security and full decentralization.
“We’re very excited to see what 2021 brings for DeFi,” said Chepurnoy. “The summit will give a taste of what we have in store for Ergo over the coming months, with some amazing technical developments for the wider DeFi ecosystem.”
Hosted by long-standing Ergo community member Ollie, speakers for the event consist of:
- Alexander Chepurnoy, Ergo Foundation member and core developer
- Robert Kornacki, Ergo Foundation member and head of research at Emurgo
- Amitabh Saxena, Ergo researcher and core developer
- Nicolas Arqueros, chief technology officer of Emurgo
- Sebastien Guillemot, co-vice president of engineering at Emurgo and a project manager at Cardano
- Bruno Woltzenlogel Paleo, technical project director at IOHK
- Marek Mahut, Co-founder of Five Binaries
- Guy Brandon, Ergo writer and blockchain communicator
Ergo and Emurgo have already released a number of ground-breaking developments, including Sigma Protocols — highly flexible, composable cryptographic signatures — and oracle pools, a new and sustainable way of feeding data to the blockchain from the outside world.
Find out more at the online Ergo Summit 2021 on Jan. 23, 2021.