Filecoin Foundation — an independent organization that facilitates governance of the Filecoin network, funds critical development projects, supports the growth of the Filecoin ecosystem, and advocates for Filecoin and the decentralized web — unveiled the details of FIL Lisbon, the first major gathering of the Filecoin community in Lisbon, Portugal, taking place from Oct. 30 to Nov. 4.
The six-day event will feature over 50 industry-leading speakers and will convene builders, developers, storage providers, ecosystem partners, clients and investors from across Web3 and the Filecoin ecosystem. FIL Lisbon is bringing the community together for workshops, hackathons, panels, meetups, networking, happy hours and more in one of the world’s preeminent cities for blockchain technology.
FIL Lisbon Main Stage Days will take place at the LX Factory on Oct. 31 and Nov. 1. It’s welcoming top speakers from around the Web3 ecosystem to the FIL Lisbon stage to discuss the most pertinent issues affecting the Filecoin ecosystem today, including but not limited to:
- Juan Benet — CEO and founder of Protocol Labs
- Marta Belcher — president and chair of Filecoin Foundation
- Illia Polosukhin — co-founder of Near
- Kristin Smith — executive director at Blockchain Association
- Jonathan Dotan — founding director of Starling Lab
- Kurt Opsahl — deputy executive director and general counsel at Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Angie Lau — CEO and founder of Forkast News
- Michael Morisy —CEO of MuckRock
- Jeff Bandman — chief operating officer and general counsel at 6529 Group
- Eugenia Filippova — segment lead at Everstake
“The Filecoin ecosystem has seen tremendous growth this year. The amount of client data onboarded to the network has increased nine times to over 230 pebibytes in 2022, and is growing at about 25% month-on-month. Clients storing data to Filecoin include traditional Web2 institutions with large datasets and growing Web3 applications such as Web3 storage, which now stores 140 million uploads from 80,000 users,” said Colin Evran, ecosystem lead at Protocol Labs. “FIL Lisbon provides this engaged and growing community an opportunity to connect, learn and share ideas on how to bring more startups and use cases to the world’s largest decentralized network. We look forward to seeing everyone there.”
Amid hackathons and meetups, FIL Lisbon includes three cornerstone events:
- Oct. 30 — the Filecoin Interplanetary Party will kick off FIL Lisbon with the Filecoin community and celebrate two years since the Filecoin mainnet launch.
- Oct. 31 to Nov. 1 — main stage days: The two-day Main Stage programming will include insightful talks from top-notch speakers and panel discussions from the world’s foremost Filecoin ecosystem participants. Additionally, interactive workshops will be held with Web3 builders, who will take attendees through the Filecoin roadmap, world of Filecoin Virtual Machine (FVM), NFTs, sustainability, updates from the storage provider ecosystem, the Metaverse and beyond.
- Nov. 2 to 4 — web summit: Attendees can touchdown at the Filecoin Web Summit Station to learn and network in a totally intergalactic fashion. Times and topics for daily talks coming soon.
Additionally, from Oct. 24 to Nov. 4, Filecoin Foundation is hosting a hacker base with Fission Codes and Lightshift. It will be a place for co-working, workshops and lightning talks throughout the week.
“The Filecoin Foundation is so thrilled to be bringing together the Filecoin community in Lisbon, two years after Filecoin mainnet launch, following a year of tremendous network growth,” said Marta Belcher, president and chair of Filecoin Foundation.
FIL Lisbon is open to everyone and provides a unique opportunity for people within and outside of the blockchain industry to learn, build, connect and venture into the exciting prospects of the future of Web3. Registration for the FIL Lisbon kickoff party and main stage days is open now.
About Filecoin Foundation
Filecoin is a decentralized storage network designed to store humanity’s most important information. Filecoin Foundation facilitates governance of the Filecoin network, supports the Filecoin community, grows the Filecoin ecosystem, funds research and development, and advocates for the broader decentralized web.