REIMAGINE 2020 virtual conference series is bringing fans all the creepy crypto chronicles, dreadful DeFi dramas and blood curdling blockchain stories fit for a Halloween spook-tacular featuring interviews with Craig Wright, Roger Ver, Alex Mashinsky, Charles Hoskinson, Mark Yusko and more.
San Francisco, CA, October 5, 2020 – MouseBelt Blockchain Accelerator – an ecosystem supporting students and startups in the blockchain industry-along with their production partner, margin-first cryptocurrency exchange Multi.io, announced today they will be releasing version 4.0 of their virtual conference series REIMAGINE 2020 on October 31. The event will follow a Halloween theme titled: “Tales From the Crypt(o)” Interviews with top technologists, business executives, students and educators alike will focus on the untold scary stories that keep the interviewees up at night: narrow escapes from the crush of regulators, misadventures with founders and competitors, and projects resurrected from the dead.
The previous three events in the REIMAGINE 2020 series have featured over 200 hours of interviews from 160 speakers in 22 countries. Notable speakers include:
- Crypto leaders: Erik Voorhees, Brock Pierce, Andreas Antonopoulos, Justin Sun, Charles Hoskinson, Roger Ver, Craig Wright, Mark Yusko, Dan Held, and many others.
- Industry: Coca Cola, AB-Inbev, Fed EX, Unicef, ING Bank, Rolls Royce, and 20+ others.
- DeFi: Chainlink, KAVA Labs, MyEtherWallet, eToro, SyntheticX, Ampleforth, SKALE Labs, Bison Trails, BinanceX.
- Universities: 30+ universities in 10 countries have participated - V1.0, V2.0.
The events have been wildly popular across social media:
- Twitter: 3.48M impressions, 46K visits, 8K mentions, 2.5k retweets.
- Facebook: 1.3M page reach, 1.5M event reach, 28.4k event signups.
- Periscope: 200K minutes streamed, 58K live viewers, 90K replay viewers.
- YouTube: 215k minutes watched, 390K impressions, 32k views.
- General: 20k website visits, 4 major articles, 6k people involved in giveaways.
The newest series will feature all-new content produced with the support of the Blockchain Education Alliance partners--a network of industry leaders committed to supporting blockchain education, research, and entrepreneurship at universities and beyond and newest sponsors Blockcrafters and SIMBA Chain. Returning speakers include Craig Wright, Charles Hoskinson, Roger Ver, Alex Mashinsky, and Mark Yusko, executives from ABinBev, Stellar, IoTex, Metamask, Abra, Perlin, Lolli, Bison Trails, and more. In addition, many new interviewees will join the special from companies such as ING Bank, Tron, Harmony, OKCoin, SIMBA Chain, Oasis Labs, and IOTA. Student blockchain organizations from MouseBelt University – an educational platform for students from 100+ schools in 24 countries, will also participate.
The virtual conference and networking event is designed to connect blockchain talent to infrastructure and industry. The goal is to shed some light on the dark sides of building a decentralized future. The team hopes these stories can serve as both entertainment and advice for the students and startups tuning in. “We want to bring some good old-fashioned fun to our viewers who may be stuck at home this Halloween. We’re telling the stories they don’t always get to hear,” said Ashlie Meredith, Head of Education at MouseBelt and Co-Director of REIMAGINE 2020.
MouseBelt is an ecosystem promoting blockchain innovation by supporting hands-on development of the emerging projects and leaders in the industry. The leaders they support are:
- Startups - MouseBelt accelerator supports early-stage companies with capital and in-kind investments;
- Builders - MouseBelt Engineering supports developers and projects with open-source tools and a development shop; and
- Community - its media and university projects encourage newcomers to get involved with blockchain.