The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and Elevandi — a nonprofit entity set up by the MAS to connect people and businesses, ideas and insights in the fintech sector in Singapore and globally — announced today the return of the Singapore FinTech Festival (SFF) as an in-person event to be held from Nov. 2 to 4, 2022, with industry events and the annual Innovation Lab Crawl being held on Oct. 31 and Nov. 1. Organized by MAS and Elevandi in partnership with Constellar — a global player in the meetings, incentives, conventions and exhibitions industry — and in collaboration with The Association of Banks in Singapore, SFF 2022 will be held at the Singapore Expo.
The theme of SFF 2022 is “Building resilient business models amid volatility and change.” With the global economy experiencing a surge in inflation and facing risks of a significant slowdown in growth, many fintech firms are striving to stay resilient and viable. Key stakeholders comprising government leaders, regulators, financial services leaders, entrepreneurs, investors and technology leaders will take stock of the drivers of change and examine three key questions:
● Viable: How are organizations building and redefining business models that can be more resilient to volatile market conditions?
● Responsible: How are organizations balancing corporate responsibility and profitability in order to achieve greater stakeholder satisfaction and engagement?
● Inclusive: How are organizations designing inclusive business models that cater to the needs of the unbanked and underbanked?
The conference segment of SFF 2022 will comprise a series of global and knowledge plenary sessions, and an Elevandi insights forum:
● Global Plenary sessions will focus on leaders and organizations addressing the core construct of resilient business models.
● Knowledge Plenary sessions will feature breakout sessions on Web3 and payments; environmental, social and governance (ESG) criteria; banking for businesses; insurance and pensions; international growth markets; and fintech regulation.
● The Elevandi Insights Forum will consist of small, deep-dive roundtables which bring the public and private sector together to address challenges faced by the financial sector and identify actionable outcomes.
SFF 2022 will see the return of a physical exhibition featuring over 500 leading organizations, including fintech firms, financial institutions, technology firms and policymakers, showcasing their latest innovations and developments in the fintech space.
The exhibition will include free-to-access Ecosystem Stages for attendees to get up close with the newest technologies, products and launches from industry players. The Ecosystem Stages will feature product announcements and product showcases from exhibitors, a specially curated ESG Impact Zone, country and sector deep-dives in the World Fintech Festival and finalists’ showcases from the MAS Global Fintech Hackcelerator and Polyfintech100 API Hackathon.
Debuting at SFF is the Elevandi Global Founders Network, an exclusive global influencer program that identifies exceptional founders on an annual basis who are building sustainable and resilient businesses with a positive impact in the world. The global founders will be chosen through a nomination process, honored at the SFF and will share their 10-minute insights at the Founders’ Peak.
Participants can also look forward to the winners’ showcase at the SFF Global Fintech Awards and curated networking sessions including an investors’ summit powered by Elevandi Connects.
Sopnendu Mohanty, chief fintech officer at MAS and chairman of the board at Elevandi, said: “As the leading global knowledge platform for fintech, SFF 2022 will focus on bringing best-in-class experts to share industry insights to build business models that remain viable and resilient amid the crisis. The format this year has been enhanced to add numerous intimate and interactive sessions, to foster deeper discussion between the public and private sector stakeholders. The return of an in-person SFF will energize all stakeholders in the fintech community to stay strong and purposeful despite the strong headwinds ahead of us.”
Jean-François Quentin, group CEO Constellar, said: “We are delighted to bring the global fintech community together in Singapore, home to world-class events including SFF. The SFF community is a special one that has continued to connect and collaborate on our hybrid event platforms over the past two years. With live events back in full capacity, the return of SFF in-person will enable personalized and immersive event experiences to catalyze new innovations, strengthen networks and build impactful partnerships.”