What could make South Africa become the next fastest-growing crypto market? How the country is emerging as a crypto leader of the continent.
Africa is the second largest continent in the world in terms of both territory and population. There are 55 states located on the continent. Economies in Africa differs from country to country. In Africa, cryptocurrency tends to be sold with a large trade margin which can even reach 100% due to several reasons. Firstly, Bitcoin in Africa is very difficult to mine because of the climate and lack of infrastructure. Also, cryptocurrency is in big demand in Africa as national currencies are vulnerable to hyperinflation. Besides that, since there are only a small number of virtual currency retailers they are able to set high prices. The relative financial stability of digital money and the opportunities for profit make cryptocurrencies very popular in Africa.
- Bitcoin ‘Maybe Is a Partial Store of Value,’ Concedes Nouriel Roubini
- Here’s How Much Bitcoin Is Currently Locked Up in Sidechains
- Fed Governor Warns Facebook’s Libra Users Lack Clear Rights
- Telegram Aims to Delay TON Launch Deadline Ahead of SEC Meeting
- Bitcoin Price Back Above $8K as Pound Sterling Rises on Brexit Deal