IMF Chief Christine Lagarde further states the need for crypto market regulation to protect customers and prevent money laundering in an IMF blog post.
Alpha Bay News
AlphaBay Market was one of the most popular darknet trading platforms. AlphaBay was operating via online service of the Tor network. The AlphaBay marketplace was launched in 2014 and, for obvious reasons, the founders of the platform had remained unknown until AlphaBay was shut down due to law enforcement action in 2017. There were over 300,000 advertisements for drugs, arms, fake documents, stolen credit cards and other illegal goods and services. Just like other darknet markets, the AlphaBay black market used Bitcoin as an anonymous payment method. However, relative to other darknet markets AlphaBay accepted other cryptocurrencies as well. By the time of AlphaBay’s takedown, the platform’s size was ten times larger than that of its predecessor, Silk Road.
- Bitcoin Approaches $8,000 as Bitcoin SV Doubles in Value
- Self-Proclaimed Satoshi Craig Wright Files US Copyright Registrations for BTC White Paper
- NYSE Arca Files Proposed Rule Change with SEC for Bitcoin-, T-Bills-Backed Investment Trust
- US SEC Postpones Verdict on VanEck ETF Application, Again
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Litecoin, Binance Coin, Stellar, Cardano, TRON: Price Analysis May 20