Opera has launched its “Web 3-ready” browser for Android, with crypto wallet integration, support for Ethereum and interactions with decentralized applications.
Android is a mobile OS created by Google primarily for touchscreen devices like smartphones. There are also versions of Android for other devices, such as Android TV, Android Auto, Android for smartwatches — called Wear OS — and other implementations for various units. Android has been the highest-selling OS for smartphones since 2011 and has over 2 billion monthly active users. The digital distribution platform Google Play is the main application distributor for Android OS, with more than 3.5 million apps. Android is used for operating cryptocurrencies and blockchain projects. Various applications were made to support monitoring cryptocurrency prices, for trading tokens, for storing and using different cryptocurrencies and to operate blockchain-based networks and products. Android’s code is open-sourced, which helps developers build community-driven projects, including blockchain and cryptocurrency projects.
- NYSE Operator’s Long-Awaited Crypto Platform Bakkt Announces New Key Vacancies
- Poll: 63 Percent of Senior Execs Lack Understanding of Blockchain Tech
- London Stock Exchange Trading Tech to Power New Hong Kong Crypto Exchange
- JP Morgan-Backed Firm Partners with Blockchain Startup Owned By Former Deloitte Exec
- Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Stellar, Litecoin, TRON, Bitcoin SV, Cardano: Price Analysis, Jan. 21