Pundi X has integrated its XPOS gateway into Ingenico’s mobile portable POS solution APOS A8 to allow payments via Android.
Android is a mobile OS created by Google primarily for touchscreen devices like smartphones. There are also versions of Android for other devices, such as Android TV, Android Auto, Android for smartwatches — called Wear OS — and other implementations for various units. Android has been the highest-selling OS for smartphones since 2011 and has over 2 billion monthly active users. The digital distribution platform Google Play is the main application distributor for Android OS, with more than 3.5 million apps. Android is used for operating cryptocurrencies and blockchain projects. Various applications were made to support monitoring cryptocurrency prices, for trading tokens, for storing and using different cryptocurrencies and to operate blockchain-based networks and products. Android’s code is open-sourced, which helps developers build community-driven projects, including blockchain and cryptocurrency projects.
- Bitcoin Drops to $7,000 as China Vows to ‘Dispose of’ Local Exchanges
- Harvard University Stages ‘Digital Currency Wars’ Crisis Simulation
- Tezos Partners With Singapore Gov’t Blockchain Platform for Training Program
- CFTC Chair on Crypto Regulation: We Don’t Want to Snuff out Innovation
- Blockchain Security Firm CertiK to Launch Beta for Smart Contracts-Focused Chain