While Bitcoin price action remains lackluster, altcoins are attempting to make a strong upside move.
Bitcoin Cash News
In May 2017, Bitcoin transactions could take up to four days to complete. The only way to make a transaction quicker was to pay a transaction fee, which at the end of 2017 was around $28. The delay and the need to pay fees made Bitcoin impractical for making small purchases, which led to a new Bitcoin-based currency Bitcoin Cash (BCH).
BCH is a cryptocurrency established as a result of the hard fork that took place to manage the scalability problem. Bitcoin Cash has a number of significant differences to Bitcoin: it is advertised as being faster and cheaper to use, the maximum block size is eight megabytes against one in previous Blockchain, and it has an emergency difficulty adjustment feature. Bitcoin Cash also uses 0-conf (or zero-conf) which allows for nearly instant transactions, meaning Bitcoin Cash transactions are almost always confirmed in the next block.
- ‘Unknown Fund’ to Donate $75M in Bitcoin to Crypto, Anonymity-Focused Startups
- Ledger Vault Secures $150 Million Crime Insurance Policy for Digital Assets
- IRS: Like-Kind Tax Exemption Has Never Applied to Crypto Transactions
- Coinbase, Kingdom Trust, Regal Assets Jointly Offer Crypto IRA and 401(K) Accounts
- Bitcoin Price Defies ‘Death Cross’ as Bulls Pin Hopes on $9.1K Bounce