Benoit Coeure of the European Central Bank argued that stablecoins like Facebook’s not-yet-released Libra coin pose risks to public policy priorities.
Central Bank News
A central or reserve bank is a governmental financial institution that controls the state’s currency, interest rates and money supply. A central bank is often the regulator of the commercial banking system of its country and acts as a “lender of last resort” to the banking sector when banks find themselves unable to obtain sufficient liquidity without the help of the regulator. A central bank is supposed to be maximally independent from political interference, but usually is under limited control. The main goals of a central bank are high employment, price stability and economic growth, which are achieved with macroeconomic reforms, fights against inflation, capital investments and consulting activities. The main instruments of a central bank are control over interest rates, open market regulations, capital and reserve requirements and regulating currency exchanges.
- SEC Charges Token Sale Platform For Illegal $14M Securities Offering
- Two Arrested for ‘Old-Fashioned Shakedown’ of Cryptocurrency Startup
- Israeli Startup That Allows Offline Crypto Transactions Secures $4M
- Luxembourg Regulator Red-Flags Activities of BitPay Clone Website
- Price Analysis 18/09: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, LTC, EOS, BNB, BSV, XLM, ADA