How can currency, and its value for its holders, sustainably play out over the next decade? We see three forks in the road ahead of us.
Central Bank News
A central or reserve bank is a governmental financial institution that controls the state’s currency, interest rates and money supply. A central bank is often the regulator of the commercial banking system of its country and acts as a “lender of last resort” to the banking sector when banks find themselves unable to obtain sufficient liquidity without the help of the regulator. A central bank is supposed to be maximally independent from political interference, but usually is under limited control. The main goals of a central bank are high employment, price stability and economic growth, which are achieved with macroeconomic reforms, fights against inflation, capital investments and consulting activities. The main instruments of a central bank are control over interest rates, open market regulations, capital and reserve requirements and regulating currency exchanges.
- Indian PM Awards Crypto App Creator as Supreme Court Deliberates on Ban
- One Wallet Owns 27% of Ether Behind MakerDAO’s Sai Stablecoin
- Crypto and Blockchain Firms Pitch In to Help Coronavirus Victims
- Litecoin Creator Proposes Miners Voluntarily Donate 1% for Development
- Top 5 Cryptos This Week (Jan 26): HEDG, DASH, BSV, ETC, XTZ