Benoit Coeure of the European Central Bank said that Libra cannot launch until regulators are satisfied it is safe.
Central Bank News
A central or reserve bank is a governmental financial institution that controls the state’s currency, interest rates and money supply. A central bank is often the regulator of the commercial banking system of its country and acts as a “lender of last resort” to the banking sector when banks find themselves unable to obtain sufficient liquidity without the help of the regulator. A central bank is supposed to be maximally independent from political interference, but usually is under limited control. The main goals of a central bank are high employment, price stability and economic growth, which are achieved with macroeconomic reforms, fights against inflation, capital investments and consulting activities. The main instruments of a central bank are control over interest rates, open market regulations, capital and reserve requirements and regulating currency exchanges.
- Bank of America Files Patent for Settlement System Citing Ripple
- Number of Crypto Notables on Buffett Lunch Guest List Grows
- European Central Bank Exec: Libra Won’t Launch Until Regulators Are Satisfied
- Iran Has Not Issued Any Licenses for Importing Crypto Mining Equipment
- Top-5 Crypto Performers: BSV, XTZ, TRX, LTC, ATOM, OKB*