A charitable campaign to enable the direct transfer of $1 million in crypto donations has raised $272,000 to date.
The definition of charity is the selfless and voluntary giving of aid to those who need it. As cryptocurrency has spread all over the world, charity donations using virtual currencies are also gaining popularity among the community for a variety of reasons. For example, all currencies can be changed into Bitcoin online and transferred quickly with minimal fees. Some big charitable organizations, such as the Red Cross, have introduced the possibility of donating with Bitcoin. Also, there are a few platforms that allow making Bitcoin-donations. Besides that, Bitcoin funds have been created for donations and there are a range of digital coins for social goals, such as Clean Water Coin that is fundraising to provide all people with clean water, and Pinkcoin for making donations and gaining benefits from investments.
- Bitcoin Holds Over $8,000 as Top Altcoins See Minor Losses
- Major Swiss Telecoms Firm Swisscom to Distribute Tokenized Artwork
- Research: ICO Sector Signals Uptick After Crypto Winter
- Facebook in Talks With Coinbase, Winklevoss’ Gemini to Launch Its Globalcoin: FT Report
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Litecoin, Binance Coin, Stellar, Cardano, TRON: Price Analysis May 24