Major cryptocurrency exchange OKEx has donated $4.5 million in Bitcoin to its perpetual swap market insurance fund in a show of support.
The definition of charity is the selfless and voluntary giving of aid to those who need it. As cryptocurrency has spread all over the world, charity donations using virtual currencies are also gaining popularity among the community for a variety of reasons. For example, all currencies can be changed into Bitcoin online and transferred quickly with minimal fees. Some big charitable organizations, such as the Red Cross, have introduced the possibility of donating with Bitcoin. Also, there are a few platforms that allow making Bitcoin-donations. Besides that, Bitcoin funds have been created for donations and there are a range of digital coins for social goals, such as Clean Water Coin that is fundraising to provide all people with clean water, and Pinkcoin for making donations and gaining benefits from investments.
- Venezuela Sets New Bitcoin Volume Record Thanks to 10,000,000% Inflation
- Bakkt Begins Testing Bitcoin Futures Platform Following Hype and Delays
- Justin Sun to Reschedule Warren Buffett Charity Lunch for Medical Reasons
- Bitcoin Price Clings to $10K But Now Below ‘Neutral Area,’ Says Trader
- Price Analysis 22/07: BTC, ETH, XRP, LTC, BCH, BNB, EOS, BSV, TRX, XLM