Charity organization Oxfam announced the success of its blockchain-based delivery system of microinsurance to farmers in Sri Lanka.
The definition of charity is the selfless and voluntary giving of aid to those who need it. As cryptocurrency has spread all over the world, charity donations using virtual currencies are also gaining popularity among the community for a variety of reasons. For example, all currencies can be changed into Bitcoin online and transferred quickly with minimal fees. Some big charitable organizations, such as the Red Cross, have introduced the possibility of donating with Bitcoin. Also, there are a few platforms that allow making Bitcoin-donations. Besides that, Bitcoin funds have been created for donations and there are a range of digital coins for social goals, such as Clean Water Coin that is fundraising to provide all people with clean water, and Pinkcoin for making donations and gaining benefits from investments.
- US SEC Takes Another Look at Rejected Bitwise Bitcoin ETF Proposal
- Researcher Breaks Grin’s ‘Privacy’ Spending Just $60 Per Week
- Hacker Offers $100K in BTC as Bounty for Hacking Halliburton
- Family Offices Finally Accept the Benefits of Investing in Bitcoin
- Crypto Markets Continue to Drop, Bitcoin Briefly Slips Below $8,200