American crowdfunding portal SeriesOne partnered with Polymath to enhance raising capital via its security token protocol.
Crowdfunding is the practice of gathering financial support for a project by raising small amounts of money from a lot of people. Crowdfunding typically happens through different internet platforms but can be executed via mail-order subscriptions, benefit events and other methods. Crowdfunding is widely adopted for the funding of creative projects, social entrepreneurship, medical expenses for indigents, and startups. Blockchain-related startups often use cryptocurrency crowdfunding via simply asking for some amount of a cryptocurrency or starting an Initial Coin Offering (ICO), which sells new tokens to investors in exchange for legal tender or other, more liquid cryptocurrencies. For a long time, the most popular cryptocurrency for crowdfunding was Bitcoin crowdfunding, but today most ICOs occur on the Ethereum blockchain.
- Self-Proclaimed Satoshi Craig Wright Sues Podcaster Peter McCormack for Alleged Libel
- Crypto Exchange Poloniex Adds Support for USDT on Tron Blockchain
- FPT Corporation and SBI Holdings Invest $3 Million in Vietnamese Blockchain Project
- Cryptocurrency Bear Market Waning, Going Through Accumulation Phase, Says Report
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, EOS, Binance Coin, Stellar, Cardano, TRON: Price Analysis April 19