Gab has made a bid to seal $10 million in a Series A crowdfunding round that will enable it to decentralize and integrate bitcoin.
Crowdfunding is the practice of gathering financial support for a project by raising small amounts of money from a lot of people. Crowdfunding typically happens through different internet platforms but can be executed via mail-order subscriptions, benefit events and other methods. Crowdfunding is widely adopted for the funding of creative projects, social entrepreneurship, medical expenses for indigents, and startups. Blockchain-related startups often use cryptocurrency crowdfunding via simply asking for some amount of a cryptocurrency or starting an Initial Coin Offering (ICO), which sells new tokens to investors in exchange for legal tender or other, more liquid cryptocurrencies. For a long time, the most popular cryptocurrency for crowdfunding was Bitcoin crowdfunding, but today most ICOs occur on the Ethereum blockchain.
- Bank of England Governor: Libra-Like Currency Could Replace US Dollar
- House Financial Services Committee Will Continue Libra Review
- US Man Pleads Guilty to Running $25 Million Bitcoin Laundering Scheme
- Cointelegraph Launches Korean HQ in Seoul, Expanding Presence in Asia
- Ethereum Is in a Bear Market, But One Analyst Explains Why He’s Long