Consumer trust in CBDCs could spell disaster for smaller private lenders, a new report warns.
Digital Currency News
Digital currency is a type of currency that has no physical form and only exists in digital form. Digital currencies include virtual money and cryptocurrency. This digital money may be used as traditional money to buy and sell goods, but with the allowance of instant transactions and borderless transfer-of-ownership. Digital money can be restricted to a certain community or be fully free for anyone to use. Digital money can also be decentralized or have a central authority over an emission process, can be backed by other currency or liquid asset, or work without any backing. Investing in digital currency has become very popular after the explosion of cryptocurrencies due to their volatility, which makes them a great speculation tool. Although digital currencies are useful and progressive, they are not yet widespread and most banks do not accept them.
- Bitcoin Hovers Near $3,630 as Top Cryptos See Minor Losses
- Waste Management Firm Launches Blockchain Platform in UAE City
- Japan: E-Commerce Giant Rakuten’s New Payment App Appears to Support Crypto
- Top 5 Crypto Performers Overview: Dash, Neo, Binance Coin, EOS, Ethereum
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, EOS, Bitcoin Cash, TRON, Stellar, Binance Coin, Bitcoin SV: Price Analysis, February 15