China’s Zhejiang province processed $5.9 billion via a blockchain medical billing platform using Ant Financial’s blockchain tech.
Drugs are any substance that is somehow consumed by an individual with a temporary effect on their physiological and often psychological state of their organism. Drugs are often used for medical purposes, such as anesthesia or as cures for psychological diseases. Still, most drugs have strong side effects with addiction being the most important one. As governmental drug control is often very strict, drug consumers try to find other means of purchasing the drug they want. Internet dark markets offer them the opportunity to buy drugs with Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies. The Bitcoin drug market is growing over time as more people get used to new payment technologies. Still, blockchain may be also used for developing legal drug purchasing systems. Blockchain technology may help with eliminating counterfeit drugs by recording all the information about licensed products.
- Spotlight on Bitcoin as HSBC Shuts Hong Kong Protest-Linked Account
- US SEC Takes Another Look at Rejected Bitwise Bitcoin ETF Proposal
- Hacker Offers $100K in BTC as Bounty for Hacking Halliburton
- Family Offices Finally Accept the Benefits of Investing in Bitcoin
- Willy Woo: $8K Bearish Bitcoin Price in ‘Unique Setup’ Before Halving