The Estonian Ministry of Finance is about to add amendments to the national AML regulation, bringing tighter cryptocurrency regulation.
Estonia, or officially the Republic of Estonia, is a state located in northern Europe. Estonia is a member of the European Union and the main feature of its economy, compared with other countries of the Union, is its relatively low taxes. In terms of Bitcoin in Estonia, cryptocurrency is highly popular there and the country is in second place based on the number of internet searches for the term “Bitcoin,” after Russia. Estonia is considered to be a developed technological country. However, authorities do not accept virtual currencies as official tender and believe that its virtual area of circulation is too limited for national economic benefits or threats and, therefore, Estonian Bitcoin regulation remains uncertain.
- Indian Government Panel Suggests Crypto Dealings Should Illegal, Local Sources Say
- Bitcoin Volatility More Than Triples on the Month Amid Falling Crypto Prices
- Bitmain Closes Israeli Blockchain Development Center Citing Crypto Market Conditions
- South Korea’s Second Largest Bank Begins Blockchain Record-Keeping to Reduce Human Error
- Australia: National Transport Insurance Partners on Blockchain for Food Safety Trial