Adam Back, a cypherpunk who was one of the first people to work on BTC, attended a seminar at the G20 meeting of finance ministers.
The Group of Twenty, or the G20, is an international forum for the governments and central banks of countries with developed and developing economies. The G20 includes countries from different continents and aims for cooperation and consultation on questions about the international financial system. G20 summits hadn’t been organized until 2008, as its main form of activity had been annual meetings of ministers of finances and central banks’ presidents. In terms of cryptocurrency, G20 members currently are not going to implement rigorous regulatory measures on it. According to their last report on digital currencies, G20 members came to the conclusion that cryptocurrency can play an important role in increasing the efficiency and transparency of the global financial system, so it wouldn’t be good to limit the development of these technologies.
- Facebook to Unveil ‘Libra Association’ and Launch Testnet Next Week: Report
- Source: South American Online Marketplace Working With Facebook on Crypto Project
- Bitcoin Worth Over $9,200 as Top Cryptos See Growth
- Top 5 Crypto Performers: NEO, LTC, BTC, ETH, XMR
- Hodler’s Digest, June 10–16: Top Stories, Price Movements, Quotes and FUD of the Week