Three national units of the Red Cross are backing a blockchain-based currency scheme to enhance aid delivery and boost local economies.
Kenya, or officially the Republic of Kenya, is a state in Eastern Africa. Currently, Kenya is one of the most rapidly developing countries in Africa. In terms of Bitcoin, Kenya — as an economic center of the continent — has had a leading position in cryptocurrency use. Bitcoin mining in Kenya has become very popular among the community due to several reasons, such as less volatility relative to the national currency, the ability to earn money, etc., so even the local mass media spread the information about Bitcoin, which has led to a higher level of awareness among citizens of the country. The technology of blockchain in Kenya is considering for use by the real estate market to register ownership and for auditing, in order to make its services convenient and transparent.
- Facebook and Calibra’s David Marcus: The Problem of Global Unbanked Is “Unacceptable”
- BIS: No Evidence of Mass Transition From CBDC Research to Pilots and Experiments
- Greece Extradites Alleged Launderer of $4B in BTC Alexander Vinnik to France
- Facebook’s Libra Pushed World to Reconsider USD as Global Reserve Currency: WEF
- Amun Launched Short Bitcoin ETP on Leading Swiss Exchange SIX