British decentralized communication startup New Vector has raised $8.5 million to promote an alternative messaging protocol.
Messaging App News
Messaging apps or chat applications are platforms that enable the exchange of messages. Most messaging apps were originally social networking platforms, but they have vastly increased their functions over time. Today, messaging apps also enable chatbots, smart replies, voice and video calls, payments and conversational commerce. Messaging apps are the most popular software for smartphones today. However, even encrypted-messaging apps’ architectures make those applications centralized, with a place for censorship and the possibility of deleting data. Blockchain-based p2p messaging apps may become the new generation of messaging apps, with advanced security and reduced opportunities for censorship. Decentralized messaging apps are currently designed on several major blockchain platforms and have their own startups and ICOs too.
- Grayscale Files Form to Become First Bitcoin Fund to Report to SEC
- Canada’s Largest Bank Refutes Rumors About It Launching Crypto Exchange
- Lamborghini Now Uses Salesforce Blockchain to Certify Heritage Cars
- FEMA Suggests Blockchain-Based Registry to Improve Disaster Insurance Payouts
- Willy Woo: $8K Bearish Bitcoin Price in ‘Unique Setup’ Before Halving