Kik CEO Ted Livingston reportedly said that the company spent over $5 million on negotiations with the U.S. SEC.
Messaging App News
Messaging apps or chat applications are platforms that enable the exchange of messages. Most messaging apps were originally social networking platforms, but they have vastly increased their functions over time. Today, messaging apps also enable chatbots, smart replies, voice and video calls, payments and conversational commerce. Messaging apps are the most popular software for smartphones today. However, even encrypted-messaging apps’ architectures make those applications centralized, with a place for censorship and the possibility of deleting data. Blockchain-based p2p messaging apps may become the new generation of messaging apps, with advanced security and reduced opportunities for censorship. Decentralized messaging apps are currently designed on several major blockchain platforms and have their own startups and ICOs too.
- Bitcoin Holds Over $8,000 as Top Altcoins See Minor Losses
- Major Swiss Telecoms Firm Swisscom to Distribute Tokenized Artwork
- Research: ICO Sector Signals Uptick After Crypto Winter
- Facebook in Talks With Coinbase, Winklevoss’ Gemini to Launch Its Globalcoin: FT Report
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Litecoin, Binance Coin, Stellar, Cardano, TRON: Price Analysis May 24