Microsoft continues its blockchain streak, empowering users to own personal data.
Microsoft is an American multinational technology corporation specializing in developing, supporting, as well as selling computer software, electronics, and services. The company was founded in 1975 by Bill Gates and Paul Allen and is headquartered in Redmond, Washington.
The company has always expressed interest in Bitcoin and its blockchain technology for a variety of projects. In December 2014, Microsoft announced for the first time that they had begun integrating Bitcoin into their system for online payments. Since then, Microsoft’s Bitcoin payment system has been shut down three times, as of 2018, due to various problems, though mainly because of the high volatility of cryptocurrency. In addition to this, Bitcoin could be used to replenish a Microsoft user account without any possibility of being returned. It was accepted only for the purchase of Microsoft’s digital products. The latest news about Microsoft and Bitcoin concerns information about any current changes.
- Bitfinex and Tether Move for Case Dismissal Over Lack of Jurisdiction
- BlockFi Crypto Management Firm Adjusts Interest Rates
- Report: Chinese E-Commerce Giant JD.com Has Applied for Over 200 Blockchain Patents
- Bitcoin Approaches $8,000 as Bitcoin SV Doubles in Value
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Litecoin, Binance Coin, Stellar, Cardano, TRON: Price Analysis May 20