Erik Voorhees, CEO of ShapeShift.io, and Charlie Shrem, Founder of the Bitcoin Foundation, have been named in the Panama Papers Leak.
Mossack Fonseca News
Mossack Fonseca & Co. was a Panamanian law firm and corporate service provider founded in 1977 by Panamanian lawyers Jürgen Mossack and Ramon Fonseca. Mossack Fonseca & Co. specialized in such fields as trust services, international business structure and commercial law. Mossack Fonseca was described as one of the largest providers of corporate services. Mossack Fonseca & Co. had offices in China, Latin America, the U.S. and Europe. The firm attracted public attention after the “Panama Papers” leak, which revealed that the company was providing clients with strategies on how to most effectively hide their money in tax havens. Mossack Fonseca’s money laundering services that were shown in the leak did significant harm to the company, its security policies and work ethics. In March 2018, the firm announced that it would shut down due to the suffered damage.
- India: Supreme Court Gives Central Bank 2 Weeks to Justify Crypto Ban
- Gemini Launches in Australia, Enables All Supported Coins Except GUSD
- US Treasury Sanctions Bitcoin, Litecoin Addresses Under Kingpin Act
- How Do Crypto Exchanges Select Coins, What Does It Take to Get Listed?
- Price Analysis 21/08: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, LTC, BNB, EOS, BSV, XMR, XLM