The sale of recreational marijuana in Colorado has proved to be a major boon to the state’s economy.
Potcoin is a peer-to-peer digital currency which has the goal of becoming a currency for legal cannabis purchases. Potcoin was technically similar to Litecoin, but changed its mining algorithm from Proof-of-Work to a Proof-of-Stake-Velocity algorithm which takes the activity of the cryptocurrency holder into account while accumulating the new block.
Developers define Potcoin as a cryptocurrency to provide the “underserved legal marijuana industry with a decentralized banking infrastructure”. They aim to let industry members have an instant-transfers and low-fees cryptocurrency with improved scalability. One of the most important bits of news about Potcoin was the funding of Dennis Rodman’s trip to North Korea, which brought Potcoin back into the spotlight and boosted its growth after Dennis mentioned Potcoin in interviews and thanked the network for the opportunity to bring peace to Guam and prove its safety.
- Most Respondents File Negative Comments for SEC's Review of VanEck/SolidX Bitcoin ETF
- Nvidia Expects to Finish Selling Leftover Inventory From Crypto Bear Market by Q1 2019
- Crypto Exchange Aggregator Caspian to Offer Crypto Options and Futures Trading
- Major Coins See Mixed Signals, Gold Reacts Positively to US Federal Reserve Decision
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, EOS, Bitcoin Cash, Stellar, Binance Coin, Tron, Cardano: Price Analysis, March 20