The sale of recreational marijuana in Colorado has proved to be a major boon to the state’s economy.
Potcoin is a peer-to-peer digital currency which has the goal of becoming a currency for legal cannabis purchases. Potcoin was technically similar to Litecoin, but changed its mining algorithm from Proof-of-Work to a Proof-of-Stake-Velocity algorithm which takes the activity of the cryptocurrency holder into account while accumulating the new block.
Developers define Potcoin as a cryptocurrency to provide the “underserved legal marijuana industry with a decentralized banking infrastructure”. They aim to let industry members have an instant-transfers and low-fees cryptocurrency with improved scalability. One of the most important bits of news about Potcoin was the funding of Dennis Rodman’s trip to North Korea, which brought Potcoin back into the spotlight and boosted its growth after Dennis mentioned Potcoin in interviews and thanked the network for the opportunity to bring peace to Guam and prove its safety.
- Bitfinex and Tether Move for Case Dismissal Over Lack of Jurisdiction
- Central Bank of Laos Issues Warning Against Using Cryptocurrency
- Firefox Quantum Offers Anti-Cryptojacking Feature
- Bitcoin Approaches $8,000 as Bitcoin SV Doubles in Value
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Litecoin, Binance Coin, Stellar, Cardano, TRON: Price Analysis May 20